Sherborne Castle & Gardens
COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS
Sherborne Castle & Gardens ARE OPEN every day of the week from 10am – 5pm, last admission 4pm.
We are really pleased to tell you that the Tea Room and Gift Shop will reopen on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from this Saturday 11th July and will be open from 11am – 4pm. The Tea Room will be serving a slightly reduced take out menu serving all your favourite cakes, hand roasted coffee made on the Estate, hot and cold drinks, ice creams and snacks.
Social distancing continues to be a key measure and we ask everyone to adhere to this and follow our guidelines to help reduce the risk of spreading Covid 19 and protecting our staff and visitors alike. Please follow the link below to see these details.
Because of social distancing restrictions it is with sadness that the Castle will not open this year.
Enjoy the summer safely and we look forward to welcoming you.
The Wingfield Digby Family.
Buy tickets in advance on-line at www.sherbornecastle.com to receive a 10% saving on admission.
Children under 16 go free (up to 4 children per full paying adult admission)
Built by Sir Walter Raleigh in 1594 and the stately home of the Digby family since 1617; a fascinating visit to the historic Sherborne Castle awaits you: Walk in the footsteps of Sir Walter Raleigh in the home he built more than 400 years ago.
Take a leisurely stroll around 42 acres of our beautiful English Landscape Gardens. Experience the peace and tranquillity; marvel at the spectacular views.
Take lunch in our award winning Tea Room and then browse our Gift Shop for a souvenir of your visit.
Discover magnificent staterooms displaying nationally important collections of Art, Furniture & Porcelain, a Tudor kitchen and the Family Museum in the Castle's cellars.
Uncover the Great Stories of Sherborne Castle telling the stories of key moments in history at the Castle
Discover walks round the 50-acre lake to Garden features such as Raleigh's Seat, The Cascade and a new Fossil House
Enjoy colour throughout the season in the Gardens from spectacular carpet arrays of spring bulbs, glorious herbaceous borders and the breathtaking colours of autumn reflected in the lake.
In the Family Museum you can see Raleigh’s Kitchen, fascinating family artefacts and Fossil & Archive displays. Our Sir Walter Raleigh display covers the great man's time here at the Castle and our ‘Capability’ Brown display drawn from the archives shows his impact and legacy on the Gardens.
Combined with the Castle, the historic market town of Sherborne and its wonderful Abbey are close by for a memorable day out.
Please visit website for admission prices.
* Opening - Good Friday 10th April to 1st November 2020
Open Saturdays, Sundays & Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
(Closed Fridays & Mondays)
Open Bank Holiday Mondays & VE Day Friday 8th May
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good165
- DaveBAmershamLittle Chalfont, United KingdomGreat Way To Spend An Afternoon........Sunday, 20th September 2020Went for a afternoon out on a very pleasant September day. The grounds and gardens are kept in very good order. Sadly the castle was not open as is the case with similar establishments throughout... Read full review
- iceman123EastSussexEast SussexBeautiful groundsFriday, 25th September 2020Lovely park like grounds and beautiful lake. A pity the actual castle was closed due to Covid19. Well worth a visit. Read full review
- MERLION04Bristol, United KingdomWonderful, loved it here!Saturday, 17th October 2020Visited the gardens in mid October. Would say we were about a week too early to see the best autumn colours but still some lovely colours on show. Chose Sherborn Castle gardens to visit as we didn't... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020