Sherborne Castle & Gardens
Buy tickets in advance on-line at www.sherbornecastle.com to receive a 10% saving on admission
Children under 16 go free (up to 4 children per full paying adult admission)
Built by Sir Walter Raleigh in 1594 and the stately home of the Digby family since 1617; a fascinating visit to the historic Sherborne Castle awaits you:
Walk in the footsteps of Sir Walter Raleigh in the home he built more than 400 years ago
Take a leisurely stroll around 42 acres of our beautiful English Landscape Gardens. Experience the peace and tranquillity; marvel at the spectacular views
Take lunch in our award winning Tea Room and then browse our Gift Shop for a souvenir of your visit
Discover magnificent staterooms displaying nationally important collections of Art, Furniture & Porcelain, a Tudor kitchen and the Family Museum in the Castle's cellars
Uncover the Great Stories of Sherborne Castle telling the stories of key moments in history at the Castle
Discover walks round the 50-acre lake to Garden features such as Raleigh's Seat, The Cascade and a new Fossil House
Enjoy colour throughout the season in the Gardens from spectacular carpet arrays of spring bulbs, glorious herbaceous borders and the breathtaking colours of autumn reflected in the lake
In the Family Museum you can see Raleigh’s Kitchen, fascinating family artefacts and Fossil & Archive displays. Our Sir Walter Raleigh display covers the great man's time here at the Castle and our ‘Capability’ Brown display drawn from the archives shows his impact and legacy on the Gardens.
Combined with the Castle, the historic market town of Sherborne and its wonderful Abbey are close by for a memorable day out.
Please visit website for admission prices.
* Opening - Good Friday 10th April to 1st November 2020
Open Saturdays, Sundays & Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
(Closed Fridays & Mondays)
Open Bank Holiday Mondays & VE Day Friday 8th May
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good160
- UKlady56ukBerkshireA definite 'must'Sunday, 27th October 2019The weather was not ideal for our visit but the tour of the castle was really interesting with plenty of information in each of the rooms. The gardens were absolutely beautiful and, even in the rain... Read full review
- John GSomerset, United KingdomClassicat the CastleThursday, 19th December 2019A get together of petrol heads t hthis wonderful location. A wonderful day out for all the family. Not only cars. I would recommend a walk through the parkland, around the lake, the gardens and of... Read full review
- richardandlucytravelSherborne, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelStunning placeSaturday, 21st December 2019Went on my own as a last Minuit thing and have to say what a wonderful place I found .. will be coming back and bring my family Read full review