The Tank Museum
The Tank Museum brings the story of tanks and their crews to life, with the world's best collection of tanks in awe-inspiring, modern exhibitions.
The Museum houses 300 military machines, representing the key battles of every major conflict since the First World War. Our moving exhibitions tell the story of this British invention; from the mud of the Somme to the beaches of Normandy and the deserts of Iraq - featuring powerful stories from the soldiers that fought in them.
With trails and quizzes, interactive games and exhibits, indoor and outdoor play areas, and talks and tours, you can spend the whole day at The Tank Museum without getting bored. On select weekdays during the Easter, May and summer holidays* you can see Tanks in Action and ride round the arena in an M548 tracked vehicle.
There are special events going on throughout the year at The Tank Museum including TANKFEST, model shows and Tiger Days, as well as a Dorset Christmas fair.
The Tank Museum is fully wheelchair accessible throughout, with free wheelchairs for hire available. As well as being close to Wool station, there is a large free carpark including coach, motorbike and disabled parking. There is an onsite restaurant and café serving a variety of hot meals, snacks, and drinks from Dorset and South West suppliers.
For more information about Dorset's largest indoor attraction and to book online, visit tankmuseum.org. Each ticket comes with an Annual Pass, buy your ticket online and save 10%.
*Subject to change. Check the What's On Board on the day.
|1 Adult & 2 Children
|£33.53 per ticket
|2 Adults & 1 Child
|£39.92 per person per day
|2 Adults & 2 Children
|£49.05 per ticket
|£19.35 per ticket
|Child (4-15 years)
|£10.49 per ticket
|Children under 4
*Online prices above
Free Annual Pass included in your entry fee.
Book online for a reduced discount.
Concessions – Ask or see website for details.
Tickets are 10% more expensive on the door.
|Opening (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Jan 2025)
|Monday - Sunday
* Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good761
- gg04jsgSalisbury, United KingdomBetter 2nd VisitFriday, 26th January 20242nd visit but this time we booked a guided tour. Peter our guide was excellent in both delivery and content. Pleny of accessible toilets and food in the restaurant was good. Read full review
- biertonscout1Aylesbury, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA great day outSaturday, 10th February 2024Wifey & I always make a point of visiting the tank museum when we are in Weymouth as, despite our numerous times we’ve visited, there’s always something new to see ! They were gearing up for a model... Read full review
- davidbK2970HEBridlington, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBrilliant day at the tank museumThursday, 22nd February 2024Had a birthday treat to the tank museum on the 19/02/24. My wife paid extra for two private tours. The whole experience was fantastic, the staff were amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed the visit. We had... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021