The Tank Museum
Tank Museum is now re-open. Advanced booking is essential to guarantee your place. Visit their website direct for the most up to date information.
You can also visit the online store.
COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS
The Tank Museum brings history to life, with the world’s best collection of tanks and explosive live displays. Come face-to-face with over 300 huge military machines and hear about amazing experiences as you explore our nine powerful and awe-inspiring exhibitions covering over a century of history.
Don’t miss for 2020 – the brand new Second World War exhibition, opening Spring. ‘WW2: War Stories’ tells the story of the British tank crewman through veteran interviews, artefacts, and – of course – tanks!
With trails and quizzes, interactive games and exhibits, indoor and outdoor play areas, and free talks and tours (including getting inside a real tank!), you can spend the whole day at The Tank Museum without getting bored. In the spring and summer holidays you can see Tanks in Action and ride round the arena in an M548 tracked vehicle, as well as craft activities during term-time weekends.
There are special events going on throughout the year at The Tank Museum including TANKFEST, model shows and Tiger Days, as well as a Christmas food fair and VE Day 75th anniversary celebration. PLUS take advantage of Dorset kids go free days and other event offers.
The Tank Museum is fully wheelchair accessible throughout, with free wheelchairs for hire available. As well as being close to Wool station, there is a large free carpark including coach, motorbike and disabled parking. There is an onsite restaurant and café serving a variety of hot meals, snacks, and drinks from Dorset and South West suppliers.
For more information about Dorset’s largest indoor attraction and to book online, visit tankmuseum.org.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|1 Adult & 2 Children||£26.00 per ticket|
|2 Adults & 2 Children||£36.00 per ticket|
|Adult||£13.00 per ticket|
|Child (5-16 years)||£8.50 per ticket|
|Children under 5||Free|
Free Annual Pass included in your entry fee. Book online for a reduced discount.
|Opening (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Jan 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 17:00*|
* Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good705
- 746derekwStaines, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyTank dayWednesday, 5th August 2020With all new things you have to do (masks). It is good day ,the staff are friendly and helpful. I would like to go back when you touch theseùù Read full review
- James HLeeds, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyCOVID19 safe re opening visitWednesday, 5th August 2020It is the home to hundreds of tanks which have lots of interesting facts. The tanks are all inside and you need to wear a face mask. The visit would have been more pleasant if they could have opened... Read full review
- Travelingwookie1Newton Aycliffe, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelCovid-19Thursday, 6th August 2020I visited on Wednesday 6 August. I had to wear a mask and try my best to soical distance until you get to the shop it's a free for all. My entire trip to devon, from Durham was centered mostly... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020