The Tank Museum
Covid Update - For the most up to date information please visit their website.
You can also visit the online store.
COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS
The Tank Museum brings history to life, with the world’s best collection of tanks and explosive live displays. Come face-to-face with over 300 huge military machines and hear about amazing experiences as you explore our nine powerful and awe-inspiring exhibitions covering over a century of history.
Don’t miss for 2020 – the brand new Second World War exhibition, opening Spring. ‘WW2: War Stories’ tells the story of the British tank crewman through veteran interviews, artefacts, and – of course – tanks!
With trails and quizzes, interactive games and exhibits, indoor and outdoor play areas, and free talks and tours (including getting inside a real tank!), you can spend the whole day at The Tank Museum without getting bored. In the spring and summer holidays you can see Tanks in Action and ride round the arena in an M548 tracked vehicle, as well as craft activities during term-time weekends.
There are special events going on throughout the year at The Tank Museum including TANKFEST, model shows and Tiger Days, as well as a Christmas food fair and VE Day 75th anniversary celebration. PLUS take advantage of Dorset kids go free days and other event offers.
The Tank Museum is fully wheelchair accessible throughout, with free wheelchairs for hire available. As well as being close to Wool station, there is a large free carpark including coach, motorbike and disabled parking. There is an onsite restaurant and café serving a variety of hot meals, snacks, and drinks from Dorset and South West suppliers.
For more information about Dorset’s largest indoor attraction and to book online, visit tankmuseum.org.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|1 Adult & 2 Children||£26.00 per ticket|
|2 Adults & 2 Children||£36.00 per ticket|
|Adult||£13.00 per ticket|
|Child (5-16 years)||£8.50 per ticket|
|Children under 5||Free|
Free Annual Pass included in your entry fee. Book online for a reduced discount.
|Opening (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Jan 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 17:00*|
* Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good733
- Andrew FTrip Type:FamilyTANKS!Thursday, 21st October 2021Tremendous. Paid extra for guided tour with the knowledgeable, patient and enthusiastic Nicola. There's so much, don't expect to see it all in one day. Read full review
- Diane WDevon, United KingdomOnly go if you are really interested in tanks and war!Saturday, 23rd October 2021We probably should have looked at the website before going, but we were in the area and it was a cold day so thought we would give it a try. The first surprise was the cost: £15 each (apparently... Read full review
- katejC1630DNTrip Type:FamilyAmazing day out.Sunday, 24th October 2021Amazing place for anyone interested in conflict, wars and tanks. Detailed displays, time lines, first hand accounts, interactive displays, trench experience. Small comment, lovely caffienated coffee... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021