The Etches Collection - Museum of Jurassic Marine Life
For the latest information and updates regarding Covid-19 please visit the website.
COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS
Come and visit the ‘Jewel’ in the crown of the Jurassic Coast, The Etches Collection Museum of Jurassic Marine Life situated in the village of Kimmeridge, Dorset
Housing the finest single collection of Late Jurassic age fossils all found by just one man, Dr Steve Etches MBE - you will be mesmerised by sea monsters, prehistoric predators and the marine flora and fauna of 152-157 million years ago when Kimmeridge was but a shallow, tropical sea, during the great age of the Dinosaurs. All of the fossils in the collection were found by Steve in the Kimmeridge Bay locality, from the world famous oil rich Kimmeridge Clay, within 2 miles of where the Museum is located.
Learn about their Stories from Deep Time interpreted with state of the art CGI imagery of Jurassic marine life swimming above the amazing fossils in the museum gallery.
Watch as Steve Etches cleans and conserves his latest finds in the museum lab and workshop - our collection of world class fossils include many which are new to science and of national importance.
The museum features:
Exhibition fossil gallery with CGI imagery and interactives
State of the art workshop, lab and reserve fossil collection
Wolfson Education room with geological and palaeontological interactive displays and information, library, microscope and fossil handling collection, fossil excavation pit, fossil mould painting and activities
Our lifesize recreation of the top chain predator of the Jurassic seas, the giant sea monster Pliosaur - Goliath
Video information guides on the collection
Shop featuring unique gifts, jewellery, branded merchandise, rare fossils and minerals for sale, Jurassic and dinosaur themed goods
Clore Room - our Village Hall which features events, pop up exhibitions and is available for hire
Fully accessible, carbon neutral, modern museum building
Our unique ‘Centre of Excellence’ for learning and discovery will engage and fascinate visitors young and old!
Pay once and return free for a whole year! Special concessions, see our website for more details.
- Welcome the Etches Collection
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£8.00 per ticket|
|Children (5 - 16 years)||£4.00 per ticket|
|Children under 5 years||Free|
|Family ticket (1 adult + 3 children)||£16.00 per ticket|
|Family Ticket (2 adults + 2 children)||£20.00 per ticket|
Special concessions: if you are a group, school, educational institution or university please contact.
|Opening Times (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00*|
* Last ticketed entrance to the Museum is at 4.15pm.
Open on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good39
- CarolS98Southampton, United KingdomInteresting but over pricedMonday, 24th May 2021My husband had been particularly looking forward to this museum but overall we felt rather underwhelmed. The staff were very friendly and advised us to start with the Discovery Room. We watched the... Read full review
- Shelley HGuam, Mariana IslandsTrip Type:CouplesInterest collection of local marine fossilsWednesday, 9th June 2021A wonderful unexpected find. Had lunch at Clavells over the road. Very interesting displays of local marine fossils. Well worth the time. Read full review
- AbigailandJonathanStokenchurch, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat family local museumFriday, 30th July 2021Excellent displays, interactive pads for kids, lots to see about local discoveries, great videos. Beautiful building too! Go down to Kimmedge Bay to find your own fossils too! Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021