Woodland Archery, Axe Throwing & Crossbow Shooting
Insight Activities are an award-winning activity company offering Woodland Archery, Axe Throwing and Rifle Crossbow shooting. We offer outdoor activities for families, couples and stag and hen groups visiting Bournemouth and Poole.
If you’re looking for one of the best things to do whilst visiting then look no further! We have been awarded the TripAdvisor ‘Travellers Choice’ award for the past 6 years.
We run our activities from two beautiful woodlands, both are just 30 mins from Bournemouth. Choose either our New Forest (Fordingbridge, SP63DA) or (Tolpuddle, DT27HB) location.
Minimum age of 6 for Archery only, 12+ for Axe Throwing and Crossbow shooting.
What can you expect? – Great value for money. Expert instructors, top quality equipment, authentic activities in a rustic woodland surrounded by nature.
No previous experience required. Prices range from £25 - £35pp for a 2.5hr session.
Please see our TripAdvisor page for the latest reviews, photos and info. PRE-BOOKING is essential, you can book online through our website www.insightactivities.co.uk
The Insight Activities archery range is located in a gorgeous private woodland both in the new Forest and in Dorset, and comes with a full range of recurve bows and rifle crossbows. It’s the perfect activity for all ages (6+) and, depending on your individual requirements – the targets can be adjusted to skill level, you can shoot for balloons and play a variety of competitive games to make your archery experience even more engaging. £25 for 2hr lesson. > find out more about woodland archery.
Connect with your inner warrior and try the medieval activity of Axe Throwing in the new forest or Dorset. We have custom made axes and provide excellent tuition to help ensure your success. A safe and fun activity for all aged 12+. Challenge ‘Freddie Flintoffs’ Axe throwing record, as seen on Sky1 & Channel 4. > find out more about axe throwing.
Calling all Walking Dead fans – We also offer rifle powered Crossbows, a modern take on traditional archery. Magnified scopes will help you shoot an apple from a Zombies head at 25m! Archery & Crossbows combined 2hr session is £30pp. > find out more about crossbow shooting.
See website for full price list for each activity.
|Opening Times (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 18:30|
* Opening times are 7 days a week 10.00 - 18.30 - see website for availability
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good64
- traveller123591London, United KingdomGreat experienceTuesday, 17th May 2022We had a great time doing the medieval trio - for a birthday celebration. Was so much fun and we were well coached throughout the whole experience, would definitely recommend! Read full review
- Stay27056810906Portsmouth, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGoing for GoldFriday, 20th May 2022Took my Eldest son on a birthday treat and booked the medieval trio of archery, crossbow and axe throwing . Glen the instructor was on hand to go though all the safety aspects to ensure we never... Read full review
- WakefieldUWakefield, United KingdomWell organised, knowledgeable hostSaturday, 21st May 2022Booked a combined archery, axe throwing, crossbow session. Venue was easy to find and host was very knowledgeable. Make sure you bring your own snacks & drink as there are no facilities nearby. Read full review
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021