Wimborne Model Town and Gardens
Welcome to Wimborne’s vintage charity attraction. We’re a magnet for visitors of all ages to step back in time and enjoy the 1/10th scale preserved world of Wimborne town centre in the 1950s.
Follow our new Socially Distanced route complete with quiz trail to explore the site and discover the details in hundreds of buildings and over 100 shop fronts of yesteryear. Find the miniature Quarter Jack chiming the Minster bells and look at the wedding. Listen out for the ringing phone box and the flushing public toilets!
The NGS listed gardens have plentiful seating and include a rockery, pond and river system. The sensory area has an accessibly border, wind and water features and of course the giant Storyteller’s Chair.
Garden refreshments include tea, coffee, homemade cakes, cold drinks, sandwiches and ice-cream.
Try our popular Crazy Golf layout for a small extra charge.
1950s School & Shop Area – find out what 1950s school lessons where like. Discover how our grandparents shopped with old money.
Beryl Dade Dolls’ House Collection – visit our 1/12th scale illuminated homes that have been rescued and restored.
Model Railway Layout – come and drive the trains on our digital layout; there’s a local railway history display too.
Wendy Street is our enclosed play area for younger visitors.
- Vintage miniature 1/10 scale buildings – over 100 shop fronts
- Mature garden setting with Crazy Golf
- 1950s school and shop area; Beryl Dade Dolls’ House Collection;
- Interactive model railway layout
- Garden refreshments and shop
- Most areas accessible to disabled visitors. Ramp / level access to facilities. Two wheelchairs available on site. Toilets for disabled visitors.
- Assistance dogs permitted. Adjacent level drop off for disabled visitors.
Parking & Transport
- Chargeable public parking opposite and nearby. Adjacent lay-by drop off. On bus route.
No smoking or dogs on site
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£6.00 per person per day|
|Family (2a + 2c) or (1a + 3c)||£18.00 per person per day|
|Junior||£5.00 per person per day|
|Senior/Student||£5.50 per person per day|
Group discounts and season tickets available
BOOKING NOT REQUIRED
|Opening TImes (22 July 2020 - 1 Nov 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good84
- GosieQCoventry, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat place to visit.Sunday, 17th November 2019Great place to spend at least half day with toddler. The quiz was loads of fun for us and our little one. Loads of activities available on specific times during the year. Mostly recommended in sunny... Read full review
- LegoBatman84Trip Type:Friends getawayMini with huge impactTuesday, 16th June 2020I have lived all over the UK but never seen anything like this. I met a beautiful young lady online who happens to live in Wimborne. Since meeting her she has been explaining to me all about Wimborne... Read full review
- Abigail SNew York City, New YorkEnchantingSaturday, 18th July 2020We had a wonderful sunny trip to the model town today with our 18 month old son. He thought it was fantastic and took delighted in every building. We even found vegan choc ices in the tea room! It’s... Read full review