Wimborne Model Town and Gardens
Built over 60 years ago, the superb 1/10th scale models continue to surprise and amaze visitors from all over the world with their superb quality and realism. You can get really up close and even touch the buildings, checking out every minute detail of over 100 shop windows displays. Created to capture the essence of a typical market town of rural England during the 1950s, the model town provides the visitor with a unique experience, which will live long and fondly in the memory.
A full range of refreshments are available from the traditional tea rooms, and bargain hunters enjoy checking out the gift shop which is packed full of unusual and interesting items. Discover the newly designed and built interactive model railway layout including Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends.
Wendy Street is a designed play area for our younger visitors. The grown ups can relax and enjoy their cream teas while the children play happily close-by. A recent new addition is the Sunflower Garden Putting Lawn where all age groups can have fun and test their skills on our mini course. And for adults and children alike, there is an outdoor Giant chess board game.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£6.50 per person per day|
|Junior||£5.50 per person per day|
|Senior||£6.00 per person per day|
Please visit the website for group booking information.
Term time only (not valid weekends or holidays)
|Opening (30 Mar 2020 - 28 Oct 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00*|
* Open every day 10am - 5pmDates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good84
- Marjorie DDartmouth, CanadaLovely!Wednesday, 9th October 2019I loved the mini building and especially the Cathedral! The gardens were nearing the end of season but were still very enjoyable. Had a great chat with one of the volunteers and received some history... Read full review
- Camille0000London, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyVery very very disappointingWednesday, 23rd October 2019Shocked and appalled about the entry cost to this attraction. We paid £20 for the 4 of us to enter, which is totally overpriced. I would actually have only paid £8 maximum as it is so much smaller... Read full review
- GosieQCoventry, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat place to visit.Sunday, 17th November 2019Great place to spend at least half day with toddler. The quiz was loads of fun for us and our little one. Loads of activities available on specific times during the year. Mostly recommended in sunny... Read full review