Wimborne Model Town and Gardens
COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS.
Welcome to Wimborne Model Town - our miniature buildings and gardens are open every day 10am – 5pm until 31 October with social distancing precautions
NO BOOKING REQUIRED.
Enjoy the fascinating socially distanced diorama of 1950s Wimborne in 1/10 scale with over 100 shops and a free trail quiz. Look out for the Minster wedding, the chiming Quarter Jack, the ringing phone box and flushing miniature toilets all set in spacious NGS listed gardens.
How about Crazy Golf for a small extra charge?
The Tea Room now serves hot and cold drinks, cakes, sandwiches, lunches, snacks and ice cream.
Our indoor attractions for 2021 include:
The Wareham Bears - come and meet our new furry friends who have just taken up permanent residence with us. Quarrying, fishing, shopping, what will they get up to next? See how the Bears came to Wimborne.
Life Before Lego – our new exhibition traces the story of British building toys including Bayko, Kiddikraft and Minibrix. Developing scale dioramas will feature town and country landscapes with classic model cars, trains and buildings from yesteryear.
Model Railway - drivers of all ages will enjoy the sensor driven multitrack layout with extensive night time illuminations. Thomas is busy most days and we have Underground and Milkshake trains too.
1950S School and Shop Area – sit the old desks and experience what 1950s schools were like. Take a look at the shopping display – how many items do you recognise; do you remembercold money?
Beryl Dade Illuminated Dolls’ Houses – each miniature dwelling has characters, furniture and fittings that tell their own story.
Most areas accessible to disabled visitors. Ramp / level access to facilities. A wheelchair is available on site. Toilets for disabled visitors. Assistance dogs aiding disabled visitors welcome. Adjacent level drop off for disabled visitors.
Parking & Transport
Chargeable public parking opposite and nearby. Adjacent lay-by drop off. On bus route.
Senior / Student £7.00
Junior: £6.50 (3-17yrs)
Under 3s FREE.
Family: 2 Adults / 2 Juniors or 1 Adult / 3 Juniors £24
2021 SEASON TICKETS - Unlimited daytime visits until 31 October
Junior: £17 (3 - 17 years)
Family Ticket: £70 (2 adults / 2 Juniors or 1 adult / 3 Juniors)
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£7.50 per person per day|
|2 Adults/ 2 children or 1 Adult/ 3 Children||£24.00 per ticket|
|3-17 years||£6.50 per person per day|
|Senior/Student||£7.00 per person per day|
Under 3s FREE.
Season tickets available. See prices in text above.
* 10am – 5pm until 31 October 2021 with social distancing precautions.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good93
- 705barrytHook, United KingdomA nice oportunity to reminisceFriday, 3rd September 2021The miniature village is quite small but it did bring back fond memories of life in the 1950's/1960's. The lady at the reception was most helpful and, apparently, does this work on a voluntary basis... Read full review
- Turtle5954Warrington, United KingdomGreatSaturday, 25th September 2021One of the best model villages in the country, well worth a visit. better maintained than some, good place. Read full review
- hunterrfCity of LondonHad been wanting to go for ages…Friday, 1st October 2021Finally got around to visiting this place - is just on the edge of the real town centre, but slightly tucked-away. A lovely recreation of Wimborne Minster in times past, with buildings larger than I... Read full review
- Visit England We're Good to Go 2021