Covid Update - For the most up to date information, please visit the website.
COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS
Donations appeal launched to provide financial support for Swanage Railway.
What’s better than a leisurely trip behind an historic steam engine through an area of natural beauty.
The six mile 30 minute ride takes passengers through the beautiful Purbeck countryside including stunning views of the ruins of Corfe Castle.
The stations at Norden, Corfe Castle, Harmans Cross, Herston and Swanage provide access to historic villages, country walks and the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, whilst providing a valuable transport service for the local community.
The easiest way to travel is with our “Freedom of the Line”. Freedom of the Line Tickets offer unlimited travel between Swanage and Wareham. Up to date prices avaiaible online.
Look out for special events such as Peppa Pig or “Santa Specials” or treat yourself to an evening meal, lunch or afternoon tea on the “Wessex Belle”. Christmas is such a lovely time of year at Swanange Railway. Bookings are now being taken for the Santa Express and Christmas Belle trips. Visit the website for further information.
Record-breaking ‘Flying Scotsman’ – the most famous steam locomotive in the world visited Swanage Railway in March 2019 and was reunited with a rare Pullman observation carriage for the first time in almost 50 years.
Flying Scotsman' last visited the Swanage Railway in 1994 – when it only hauled trains to Harman's Cross – so it's very exciting that No. 60103 hauled trains all the way to Corfe Castle and Norden, during the 2019 visit to Swanage.
Visit the website for further information.
- Coivid-19 update to services
Please visit the website for more information on fares and timetables
|Train times vary throughout the year (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Jan 2021)|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good699
- Paula JTrip Type:Friends getawayChristmas lunchSaturday, 12th December 2020We have just enjoyed a fabulous Christmas lunch on the dining train. The foods was excellent. The staff were great and the relaxed atmosphere was just what we needed. I would highly recommend and... Read full review
- daddyhillHeathfield, United KingdomThanks JohnMonday, 14th December 2020Turned up for a trip on the train and Christmas lunch to find out a mistake was made with the booking and we should of been there the week before. Our thanks to John Trot ( think that’s right ) who... Read full review
- Tom CGrundisburgh, United KingdomSteam and Lights Experience - 2020Sunday, 27th December 2020During a short pre-Christmas break from our Suffolk village home, my wife and I had the great good fortune to be able to book on the Railway's first Steam and Lights Experience; the 17:15 service on... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020