Covid Update - For the most up to date information, please visit the website.
COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS
Donations appeal launched to provide financial support for Swanage Railway.
What’s better than a leisurely trip behind an historic steam engine through an area of natural beauty.
The six mile 30 minute ride takes passengers through the beautiful Purbeck countryside including stunning views of the ruins of Corfe Castle.
The stations at Norden, Corfe Castle, Harmans Cross, Herston and Swanage provide access to historic villages, country walks and the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, whilst providing a valuable transport service for the local community.
The easiest way to travel is with our “Freedom of the Line”. Freedom of the Line Tickets offer unlimited travel between Swanage and Wareham. Up to date prices avaiaible online.
Look out for special events such as Peppa Pig or “Santa Specials” or treat yourself to an evening meal, lunch or afternoon tea on the “Wessex Belle”. Christmas is such a lovely time of year at Swanange Railway. Bookings are now being taken for the Santa Express and Christmas Belle trips. Visit the website for further information.
Combine your day out on the Swanage Railway with a visit to the pretty Model Village in Corfe Castle.
The model village is open daily from 12th April. PLEASE NOTE: TRAVEL FROM SWANAGE TO VISIT THE CORFE CASTLE MODEL VILLAGE. Combined train and model village entry. Adults £20.20. Children (5-15) £11.50.Family (2 +3) £58.50. Under 5s Free.
Record-breaking ‘Flying Scotsman’ – the most famous steam locomotive in the world visited Swanage Railway in March 2019 and was reunited with a rare Pullman observation carriage for the first time in almost 50 years.
Flying Scotsman' last visited the Swanage Railway in 1994 – when it only hauled trains to Harman's Cross – so it's very exciting that No. 60103 hauled trains all the way to Corfe Castle and Norden, during the 2019 visit to Swanage.
Visit the website for further information.
Please visit the website for more information on fares and timetables
|Train times vary throughout the year (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Jan 2022)|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good707
- Zoo7ZooBottisham, United KingdomLovely Steam Train RideThursday, 9th September 2021Had no idea their was a Steam Railway in Swanage so thought why not give it a try? Its a very educational trip and its only after you pay your fare to get to learn about the amazing things that have... Read full review
- allyfurrHigham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBest way to go to the seasideMonday, 13th September 2021Loved the steam trains. The journey is short but has lovely views and is a fantastic way to visit swanage as parking can be difficult. Me and my daughter loved every minute of it. The staff are so... Read full review
- Brisca01Billingham, United KingdomA must visit.Friday, 17th September 2021What a really enjoyable visit we had. Not only steam but diesel as well and beautiful scenery. Unfortunately we didn't have time to visit Swanage but would like to in the future. The staff were... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021