COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS
Welcome back! Corfe Castle station has re-opened to passengers. This will allow passengers to visit the picture postcard village of Corfe Castle by train.
We are following Government guidelines and have added a number of measures for the safety of our passengers and staff, these include;
• Social distancing measures.
• Advance booking with allocated seating.
• Cashless Payments.
• One-way passenger flows at stations.
• All passengers will be required to wear a face covering.
Please visit our website for further information and train times. As passenger numbers will be limited, you are encouraged to take advantage of our special advanced purchase fares and make your booking and seat reservations on our website. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Swanage Railway.
Donations appeal launched to provide financial support for Swanage Railway.
We have a special Christmas Steam and Lights event on this year, please see our website for further information.
What’s better than a leisurely trip behind an historic steam engine through an area of natural beauty.
The six mile 30 minute ride takes passengers through the beautiful Purbeck countryside including stunning views of the ruins of Corfe Castle.
The stations at Norden, Corfe Castle, Harmans Cross, Herston and Swanage provide access to historic villages, country walks and the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, whilst providing a valuable transport service for the local community.
The easiest way to travel is with our “Freedom of the Line”. Freedom of the Line Tickets offer unlimited travel between Swanage and Wareham. Up to date prices avaiaible online.
Look out for special events such as Peppa Pig or “Santa Specials” or treat yourself to an evening meal, lunch or afternoon tea on the “Wessex Belle”. Christmas is such a lovely time of year at Swanange Railway. Bookings are now being taken for the Santa Express and Christmas Belle trips. Visit the website for further information.
Record-breaking ‘Flying Scotsman’ – the most famous steam locomotive in the world visited Swanage Railway in March 2019 and was reunited with a rare Pullman observation carriage for the first time in almost 50 years.
Flying Scotsman' last visited the Swanage Railway in 1994 – when it only hauled trains to Harman's Cross – so it's very exciting that No. 60103 hauled trains all the way to Corfe Castle and Norden, during the 2019 visit to Swanage.
Visit the website for further information.
- Coivid-19 update to services
Please visit the website for more information on fares and timetables
|Train times vary throughout the year (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Jan 2021)|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good695
- Rosalind WA wonderful experienceFriday, 16th October 2020They’re working very hard during the pandemic to keep everyone safe, without spoiling our enjoyment. There were clear instructions on where to sit. Although they sadly can’t run the steam trains... Read full review
- C8774MHangelacDilton Marsh, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNice tripSaturday, 17th October 2020Went on a trip to Corfe castle As it was in covid times You have to book a seat ( they actually book you a table so that you are social distanced We had my 2 small dogs with Us and that proved... Read full review
- supersal4Aylesbury, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNice day outSunday, 18th October 2020Took the trip from Norden station to Swanage and back. Good measures in place for safety and a nice little trip. Staff were helpful. You book a table to yourselves so no close contact. Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020