Covid Update - For the most up to date information, please visit the website.
COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS
Donations appeal launched to provide financial support for Swanage Railway.
What’s better than a leisurely trip behind an historic steam engine through an area of natural beauty.
The six mile 30 minute ride takes passengers through the beautiful Purbeck countryside including stunning views of the ruins of Corfe Castle.
The stations at Norden, Corfe Castle, Harmans Cross, Herston and Swanage provide access to historic villages, country walks and the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, whilst providing a valuable transport service for the local community.
The easiest way to travel is with our “Freedom of the Line”. Freedom of the Line Tickets offer unlimited travel between Swanage and Wareham. Up to date prices avaiaible online.
Look out for special events such as Peppa Pig or “Santa Specials” or treat yourself to an evening meal, lunch or afternoon tea on the “Wessex Belle”. Christmas is such a lovely time of year at Swanange Railway. Bookings are now being taken for the Santa Express and Christmas Belle trips. Visit the website for further information.
Combine your day out on the Swanage Railway with a visit to the pretty Model Village in Corfe Castle.
The model village is open daily from 12th April. PLEASE NOTE: TRAVEL FROM SWANAGE TO VISIT THE CORFE CASTLE MODEL VILLAGE. Combined train and model village entry. Adults £20.20. Children (5-15) £11.50.Family (2 +3) £58.50. Under 5s Free.
Record-breaking ‘Flying Scotsman’ – the most famous steam locomotive in the world visited Swanage Railway in March 2019 and was reunited with a rare Pullman observation carriage for the first time in almost 50 years.
Flying Scotsman' last visited the Swanage Railway in 1994 – when it only hauled trains to Harman's Cross – so it's very exciting that No. 60103 hauled trains all the way to Corfe Castle and Norden, during the 2019 visit to Swanage.
Visit the website for further information.
Please visit the website for more information on fares and timetables
|Train times vary throughout the year (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Jan 2022)|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good710
- Coastal791601Christmas LunchWednesday, 22nd December 2021We booked a table for Christmas lunch on 22nd. As the time got closer we were a bit concerned it wouldn't happen but it did and it was fantastic. We've been before and it never fails to impress. A... Read full review
- mccoypageGuildford, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyA magical Christmas steam train ride!Thursday, 23rd December 2021Such a magical trip, we couldn’t have wished for a better event just before Christmas. We were a group aged 19-82 yrs and all felt like 6 years old again! The music in the carriages made it even... Read full review
- JaneB253Cheltenham, United KingdomSteam & Lights!Wednesday, 29th December 2021We went on the Steam & Lights trip on 27th December whilst visiting the area for Christmas and had a fantastic trip! Lovely atmosphere, as another reviewer has mentioned the music in the carriages... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021