Due to the current unprecedented circumstances, train services at Swanage Railway are suspended until 1st May 2020 at the earliest. Please visit the main website for further updates.
Donations appeal launched to provide financial support for Swange Railway.
What’s better than a leisurely trip behind an historic steam engine through an area of natural beauty.
The six mile 30 minute ride takes passengers through the beautiful Purbeck countryside including stunning views of the ruins of Corfe Castle.
The stations at Norden, Corfe Castle, Harmans Cross, Herston and Swanage provide access to historic villages, country walks and the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, whilst providing a valuable transport service for the local community.
The easiest way to travel is with our “Freedom of the Line”. Freedom of the Line Tickets offer unlimited travel between Swanage and Wareham. Up to date prices avaiaible online.
Look out for special events such as Peppa Pig or “Santa Specials” or treat yourself to an evening meal, lunch or afternoon tea on the “Wessex Belle”. Christmas is such a lovely time of year at Swanange Railway. Bookings are now being taken for the Santa Express and Christmas Belle trips. Visit the website for further information.
Record-breaking ‘Flying Scotsman’ – the most famous steam locomotive in the world visited Swanage Railway in March 2019 and was reunited with a rare Pullman observation carriage for the first time in almost 50 years.
Flying Scotsman' last visited the Swanage Railway in 1994 – when it only hauled trains to Harman's Cross – so it's very exciting that No. 60103 hauled trains all the way to Corfe Castle and Norden, during the 2019 visit to Swanage.
Visit the website for further information.
- Watch our review of 2017 here:
Please visit the website for more information on fares and timetables
|Train times vary throughout the year (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Jan 2021)|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good686
- michaelwP5471ZHMissing the ExperiencesTuesday, 14th April 2020One of the best heritage steam railways in the country. Staff are always helpful and very knowledgeable. Picture opportunities are brilliant especially around Corfe Castle. Why not get out at Corfe... Read full review
- Yorkterrier01York, United KingdomLovely ride and viewsSaturday, 18th April 2020I travelled this railway from its usual terminus at Norden through to Swanage and then back on the return train. It is a very well run heritage railway with great views of the local countryside... Read full review
- Ian_Suffolk_UKIpswich, United KingdomWell run heritage railwayMonday, 4th May 2020Whilst staying locally we decided to go for a day out in Swanage. We parked at Norden and took the train into Swanage and back. Steam locos and traditional carriages took us back in time. Although it... Read full review