COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS
Following the successful reintroduction of services and the opening of Norden Station, from Saturday 1st August Swanage Railway will be opening Corfe Station and introducing a second train to provide a total of nine return services from Norden to Swanage. This will not only enable visitors to get to the beaches of Swanage earlier in the day but also enable them to have more time to enjoy their day at the seaside as the last train back to Norden will leave just before 4pm.
For technical reasons and to ensure compliance with the Government's social distancing requirements Corfe Station will only be available for passengers starting their journey in Swanage and returning to Swanage. We are not able to provide passage between Norden and Corfe and vice versa and passengers will not be able to break their journey from Norden to Swanage.
We are following Government guidelines and have added a number of measures for the safety of our passengers and staff, these include;
• Social distancing measures.
• Advance booking with allocated seating.
• Cashless Payments.
• One-way passenger flows at stations.
• All passengers will be required to wear a face covering.
Please visit our website for further information and train times. As passenger numbers will be limited, you are encouraged to take advantage of our special advanced purchase fares and make your booking and seat reservations on our website. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Swanage Railway.
Donations appeal launched to provide financial support for Swanage Railway.
What’s better than a leisurely trip behind an historic steam engine through an area of natural beauty.
The six mile 30 minute ride takes passengers through the beautiful Purbeck countryside including stunning views of the ruins of Corfe Castle.
The stations at Norden, Corfe Castle, Harmans Cross, Herston and Swanage provide access to historic villages, country walks and the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, whilst providing a valuable transport service for the local community.
The easiest way to travel is with our “Freedom of the Line”. Freedom of the Line Tickets offer unlimited travel between Swanage and Wareham. Up to date prices avaiaible online.
Look out for special events such as Peppa Pig or “Santa Specials” or treat yourself to an evening meal, lunch or afternoon tea on the “Wessex Belle”. Christmas is such a lovely time of year at Swanange Railway. Bookings are now being taken for the Santa Express and Christmas Belle trips. Visit the website for further information.
Record-breaking ‘Flying Scotsman’ – the most famous steam locomotive in the world visited Swanage Railway in March 2019 and was reunited with a rare Pullman observation carriage for the first time in almost 50 years.
Flying Scotsman' last visited the Swanage Railway in 1994 – when it only hauled trains to Harman's Cross – so it's very exciting that No. 60103 hauled trains all the way to Corfe Castle and Norden, during the 2019 visit to Swanage.
Visit the website for further information.
- Watch our review of 2017 here:
Please visit the website for more information on fares and timetables
|Train times vary throughout the year (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Jan 2021)|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good687
- FatboytwitFareham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLovely trip despite restrictionsMonday, 27th July 2020Lovely steam railway working fantastically well under huge restrictions. Staff really helpful and dogs allowed which is a huge bonus. Read full review
- JTizzle1973BraintreeTrip Type:CouplesFantastic customer serviceSunday, 2nd August 2020The railway is open again but has restrictions in terms of capacity and so I booked my tickets in advance, only to find out that I had accidentally booked my tickets for the previous week! The staff... Read full review
- Henry RLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelFantastic railway journeySunday, 2nd August 2020A beautiful railway near the seaside with Corfe Castle too. It's better to pre book and also remember that more people join at Swanage than Norden if you are looking for a quieter service. COVID... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020