Covid Update - For the most up to date information, please visit the website.
COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS
Donations appeal launched to provide financial support for Swanage Railway.
What’s better than a leisurely trip behind an historic steam engine through an area of natural beauty.
The six mile 30 minute ride takes passengers through the beautiful Purbeck countryside including stunning views of the ruins of Corfe Castle.
The stations at Norden, Corfe Castle, Harmans Cross, Herston and Swanage provide access to historic villages, country walks and the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, whilst providing a valuable transport service for the local community.
The easiest way to travel is with our “Freedom of the Line”. Freedom of the Line Tickets offer unlimited travel between Swanage and Wareham. Up to date prices avaiaible online.
Look out for special events such as Peppa Pig or “Santa Specials” or treat yourself to an evening meal, lunch or afternoon tea on the “Wessex Belle”. Christmas is such a lovely time of year at Swanange Railway. Bookings are now being taken for the Santa Express and Christmas Belle trips. Visit the website for further information.
Record-breaking ‘Flying Scotsman’ – the most famous steam locomotive in the world visited Swanage Railway in March 2019 and was reunited with a rare Pullman observation carriage for the first time in almost 50 years.
Flying Scotsman' last visited the Swanage Railway in 1994 – when it only hauled trains to Harman's Cross – so it's very exciting that No. 60103 hauled trains all the way to Corfe Castle and Norden, during the 2019 visit to Swanage.
Visit the website for further information.
- Coivid-19 update to services
Please visit the website for more information on fares and timetables
|Train times vary throughout the year (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Jan 2022)|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good701
- Mekeon54Olhos de Agua, PortugalSteam Train journey SwanageMonday, 21st June 2021A short Steam train journey through some very scenic countryside. Allocated seats provide a safe travelling environment. Staff were polite & helpful. Read full review
- peter hHarwich, United KingdomGreat family experienceTuesday, 22nd June 2021Lovely staff and friendly helpful service who go the extra mile,a real pleasure, it is like stepping back in time Read full review
- bodbod1234Chichester, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySmashing trip !!Tuesday, 22nd June 2021Such a great thing to do even on a rainy day. We had a lovely time for our granddaughters first birthday going to corfe castle. It's all well kept and the volunteers work well together. We were... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021