RockReef Activity Centre & Pier Zip
COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS
RockReef are pleased to announce the re-opening of RockReef indoor activities on Saturday 25th July. will be re-opening all 28 climbing walls, the HighLine aerial obstacle course and the Vertical slide activities. Unfortunately, the cave and the leap of faith remain closed but they hope to be able to reopen these activities soon.
Opening times for Rock Reef as of 9/9/2020
Mon - Thurs - Closed
Friday - 4pm - 6.30pm (last session 5pm)
Weekends and school holidays open 10am until 6pm (last session 4pm).
PierZip - See website for operating times.
All online bookings receive free pier toll entry.
Lots of extra measures have been put in place to ensure everyone has an amazing time, as safely as possible in the ‘new normal’
- REDUCED SESSION SIZES – Session sizes have been reduced to make social distancing easier.
- BOOK ONLINE & SAVE – Pre-booking your RockReef experience online will avoid unnecessary waiting in reception and will save you money! All on-line bookings receive free pier toll entry.
- FACE COVERINGS – A hygiene screen has been installed on reception and all staff will be wearing face visors. We’d love you to wear a face covering but it’s not essential. If you decide to wear one, please bring your own. We just ask that it fits securely with no loose material. Unfortunately, we can’t allow anyone to climb with a scarf or balaclava as we want you to have a safe and fun experience! Face mask are available to purchase if required.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING – When you visit, you will see new signage to guide you and help you to keep your distance.
- ENHANCED CLEANING – We will ask all our guests to use the hand sanitiser provided on entry and our staff will be cleaning more regularly with frequent cleaning of all regular touch points such as door handles and railings.
- CONTACTLESS PAYMENTS – Contactless payments will be encouraged whilst on site.
Please see our website for more detailed information and how to book online.
If you’re looking for a fun, adrenaline fuelled day out for all the family, visit RockReef, the all year all weather exciting attraction located on the iconic Bournemouth Pier!
Marketing Manager Sarah Hunter advised, “Go climbing in RockReef or challenge yourself with a ride on PierZip, the world’s first pier to shore zip wire. Then top it all off with a tasty snack in RockReef café or a delicious lunch in Key West Bar & Grill next door, whilst admiring the stunning coastal views which we are so proud of. Key West Bar & Grill have a USA inspired menu with many dishes for every appetite, including some new vegan additions!
There is a huge range of exciting activities to suit all ages from 4 – 94! Inside you will find 28 individually themed climbing walls, each with challenges to suit beginners through to the more experienced. There is a stairway to heaven climbing challenge, sure to test your balance and a HighLine aerial obstacle course which consists of wooden obstacles suspended 20ft above the ground. If you make it around the first time, you can take on the challenge again – blindfolded! There is a Pier Cave where you can worm your way through lots of twists and turns and even find the hidden ball pits!
For the more adventurous, there are two adrenaline activities that are sure to test your courage, you could test yourself on the Vertical Slide which is sure to get your heart racing as you are pulled to the top and then plunge down as gravity takes over! The most challenging activity inside RockReef is the Leap of Faith, you climb a 20ft pole and walk the plank, you then leap from the plank to try and catch a bag suspended in front of you.
You can have an even bigger adventure with the Ultimate Adventure Ticket, which combines RockReef’s indoor activities. Or upgrade your Clip ‘n Climb session and try a PierZip ride too, from £20 in the summer season and £15 during the winter season.
Outside is the awesome PierZip, the first pier to shore zip wire in the world! Climb the 60ft tower at the end of the pier, then launch yourself off the platform and zip surf 250 metres over the sea to land on the beach below. A dual line means you can go two at a time and race each other to the end!
RockReef is perfect for all groups offering team building for corporate groups, adrenaline fuelled Hen and Stag Dos, curriculum linked school visits and fantastic kid’s birthday parties! Local sports teams and youth groups, such as Scouts, Girl Guides, Cadets and Boys Brigade can get a great discount with ‘Fun Day Out’ group packages.
Opening Times: Check website for session times and availability.
Ultimate Adventure Saver tickets available.
PierZip ride - £20 in the summer season and £15 during the winter season.
See website for further details.
* **CORONAVIRUS UPDATE - Check opening days and times direct as this is subject to change**
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good176
- chrisrich1972Queen Camel, United Kingdoma great experience for me and my 11 year old to do togetherTuesday, 15th September 2020the zip was awesome and a great experience for me and my 11 year old to do together - he was beaming about it all day! on top of that all the staff were so friendly and inclusive and happy to chat... Read full review
- 596robyndLeicestershire, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA must do.Wednesday, 16th September 2020Brought this for my partners birthday as a little treat during our stay at Bournemouth. The staff were friendly, helpful, and efficient! Reccomend 100% Read full review
- W2882PMheathergTrip Type:CouplesGreat funWednesday, 16th September 2020Covid safety. Briefing clear. Didn't have to pay to go on the pier. Over very quickly! Cost quite high. Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020