RockReef Activity Centre & Pier Zip
Covid-19 update – PierZip will be reopening on Sunday 16th May. RockReef will be reopening on Saturday 29th May. Please check the website for the most up to date information.
COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS
– Session sizes have been reduced to make social distancing easier.
– Pre-booking your RockReef experience online will avoid unnecessary waiting in reception and will save you money! All on-line bookings receive free pier toll entry.
– A hygiene screen has been installed on reception and all staff will be wearing face visors. We’d love you to wear a face covering but it’s not essential. If you decide to wear one, please bring your own. We just ask that it fits securely with no loose material. Unfortunately, we can’t allow anyone to climb with a scarf or balaclava as we want you to have a safe and fun experience! Face mask are available to purchase if required.
– When you visit, you will see new signage to guide you and help you to keep your distance.
– We will ask all our guests to use the hand sanitiser provided on entry and our staff will be cleaning more regularly with frequent cleaning of all regular touch points such as door handles and railings.
– Contactless payments will be encouraged whilst on site.
If you’re looking for a fun, adrenaline fuelled day out for all the family, visit RockReef, the all year all weather exciting attraction located on the iconic Bournemouth Pier!
Marketing Manager Sarah Hunter advised, “Go climbing in RockReef or challenge yourself with a ride on PierZip, the world’s first pier to shore zip wire. Then top it all off with a tasty snack in RockReef café or a delicious lunch in Key West Bar & Grill next door, whilst admiring the stunning coastal views which we are so proud of. Key West Bar & Grill have a USA inspired menu with many dishes for every appetite, including some new vegan additions!
There is a huge range of exciting activities to suit all ages from 4 – 94! Inside you will find 28 individually themed climbing walls, each with challenges to suit beginners through to the more experienced. There is a stairway to heaven climbing challenge, sure to test your balance and a HighLine aerial obstacle course which consists of wooden obstacles suspended 20ft above the ground. If you make it around the first time, you can take on the challenge again – blindfolded! There is a Pier Cave where you can worm your way through lots of twists and turns and even find the hidden ball pits!
For the more adventurous, there are two adrenaline activities that are sure to test your courage, you could test yourself on the Vertical Slide which is sure to get your heart racing as you are pulled to the top and then plunge down as gravity takes over! The most challenging activity inside RockReef is the Leap of Faith, you climb a 20ft pole and walk the plank, you then leap from the plank to try and catch a bag suspended in front of you.
You can have an even bigger adventure with the Ultimate Adventure Ticket, which combines RockReef’s indoor activities. Or upgrade your Clip ‘n Climb session and try a PierZip ride too, from £20 in the summer season and £15 during the winter season.
Outside is the awesome PierZip, the first pier to shore zip wire in the world! Climb the 60ft tower at the end of the pier, then launch yourself off the platform and zip surf 250 metres over the sea to land on the beach below. A dual line means you can go two at a time and race each other to the end!
RockReef is perfect for all groups offering team building for corporate groups, adrenaline fuelled Hen and Stag Dos, curriculum linked school visits and fantastic kid’s birthday parties! Local sports teams and youth groups, such as Scouts, Girl Guides, Cadets and Boys Brigade can get a great discount with ‘Fun Day Out’ group packages.
Opening Times: Check website for session times and availability.
Ultimate Adventure Saver tickets available.
PierZip ride - £20 in the summer season and £15 during the winter season.
See website for further details.
* **CORONAVIRUS UPDATE - Check opening days and times direct as this is subject to change**
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good188
- FreyFin2Trip Type:FamilyReturn soon Reef!Saturday, 23rd October 2021The young staff with their wonderful patience when my son was scared to go into the caves. We travelled here for a birthday treat for my son, and they thoroughly enjoyed it. They then went and did... Read full review
- W8049XEemmasTrip Type:FamilyAmazing place with friendly and reassuring staff. It was a confidence builder for my daughter who suffers with anxiety.Sunday, 24th October 2021Friendly and reassuring staff. My little girl was extremely nervous on our fire visit but the staff were great with her Read full review
- Roam11121990Trip Type:FamilyGreat variety of wallsTuesday, 26th October 2021I brought two children ages 5 and 6 for a 'Clip and climb' session. They really enjoyed it and the time they had to climb was plenty to explore all the walls (90 mins). It was busy on a Saturday... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021