Coronavirus update - We regret to inform you that due to the recent developments in the situation concerning COVID-19, we have made the decision to cancel all tours of the College and All-weather lifeboat centre at present and this will be reviewed monthly. Please visit the website for the most up to date information.
Find out how our crews and lifeguards are trained with a behind the scenes 90 minute tour of the RNLI College. Conducted by our dedicated volunteer tour guides, tours cost just £7.50 per person or are free to College residents.
During your 90 minute guided tour, you will be given the chance to explore the RNLI College and its training facilities, including our world-class Sea Survival centre, which hosts the wave tank and Lifeboat simulator.
Tours take place daily Monday to Saturday at either 11am or 2.30pm (subject to volunteer availability). Booking in advance is necessary. Please contact reception to book your place on the College Discovery Tour on 01202 308500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a group of 15 or more people wanting to visit the College for a tour, please contact the College events team, open Monday to Saturday
Group Bookings (15+) available - please call.
Tours Take place at 11am and 2.30pm subject to Volunteer availabilty - Prebooking essential. Closed Christmas and New Year.
We also have the fantastic Riggers Restaurant that welcomes everyone for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Child (min 10 years)||£2.50 per person per day|
|Per Tour||£7.50 per ticket|
Booking in advance is necessary. Please contact reception to book your place on the College Discovery Tour on 0300 300 7654 or email@example.com.
|Tour Times (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Jan 2021)|
|Monday - Thursday||11:00||- 12:30*|
* **COVID-19 update - Tours currently not running. Please visit the website and social channels for the most up to date information**Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good203
- soniat175St Albans, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayAn amazing training courseWednesday, 11th March 2020I was most fortunate to attend a ditching and sea survival course. The setting is very beautiful. The training was excellent, realistic and ran by experts. It was an experience outside most people’s... Read full review
- rydeflierGreat place to stayFriday, 20th March 2020Very welcoming, graet bedroom with view over the harbour with lifeboats. Breakfasts excellent with plenty of choice. Dinner also very good and representing excellent value as did the prices at the... Read full review
- Jules_RichardsAntibes, FranceTrip Type:BusinessExcellent - and supporting the RNLISunday, 29th March 2020Back in the UK in Poole to update an RYA qualification, I spent two nights here mid-March. The welcome at reception on arrival was superb - very friendly and extremely helpful. Room was comfortable... Read full review