Poole Museum & Scaplen's Court
Covid-19 update – Please check the website for the most up to date information.
COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS
Poole Museum has achieved the Visit England COVID-19 Industry Standard, confirming we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
Poole's rich history is revealed in Poole Museum's four floors of galleries, which tell the story of Poole. It is a fascinating story that will take you through thousands of years, across oceans and into the lives of many Poole people.
Set in a Victorian quayside warehouse, the Museum's galleries tell the story of the historic maritime town of Poole and its harbour from prehistory to the 21st century, with display from archaeology to art, pirates to potteries.
The museum hosts an exciting programme of events and activities throughout the year from trails and talks to living history.
The Town Cellars. originally built about 1300, now houses the Local History Centre, where residents and visitors can delve deeper into archives and resources covering the history of Poole and its people.
Scaplen’s Court, is Poole’s most complete medieval domestic building, now principally dedicated to the Museum education service . The herb and physic garden is open throughout the summer and Scaplen’s Court can be visited during August. The character-filled period rooms and pretty walled garden are also available to hire exclusively, creating a fantastic setting for weddings and corporate and private events. events.
Small cafe serving snacks and hot drinks.
The Museum and temporary exhibitions are free of charge, and fully accessible.
Scaplen's Court - Currently closed for the season.
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Poole Museum winter opening hours Monday - Saturday 10am - 4pm, Sunday 12pm - 4pm.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good128
- hartfulnesshollygOnce Upon a time in AnimationTuesday, 13th July 2021I have been to art exhibits before, although none about animation. There was a lot of contemporary animation there, not just typical 2D or 3D linear storytelling. I liked the wide variety of items on... Read full review
- TheHungryLeanneTrip Type:CouplesGreat way to find out about the local historyMonday, 30th August 2021Free admission. Poole museum has multiple levels of art and historical pieces all with local ties. Very interesting pieces and information boards to read. The cafe has a lovely view of the tiw an... Read full review
- johnwX4537RSCroydon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDo not miss this and it's free, good shopFriday, 1st October 2021Fascinating and very well presented. Do not miss the hidden herb garden! Poole pottery, cafe, archaeology, sea, flying boats, local history Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021