Monkey World Ape Rescue Centre
Covid-19 - For the most up to date information, please visit the website.
Monkey World was set up in 1987 by Jim Cronin to provide a permanent, stable home for abused Spanish beach chimpanzees. Today, his wife, Dr Alison Cronin, continues to work with foreign governments worldwide to stop the illegal smuggling of primates from Africa, Asia and South America. The site is now a 65-acre sanctuary for primates from across the globe. Many have been neglected, kept in unnatural conditions or experienced unbelievable cruelty, but here they can all enjoy the company of their own kind in a safe and natural environment. The primate care staff regularly develop and change the enclosures so their environment is constantly evolving on a yearly basis. With over 250 primates of more than 20 different species, Monkey World is the largest ape and monkey rescue centre in the world. In memory of Jim Cronin MBE, the Jim Cronin Memorial fund was established to continue his legacy and promote primate welfare worldwide
Monkey World is a fantastic day out for all the family! The park is imaginatively laid out with large, enriching enclosures for the primates as well as plenty to be to be enjoyed by visitors of all ages. The whole family will be entertained with several food and drink outlets, a woodland walk, picnic areas, a children’s play area near the watering hole and an exciting adventure playground! With three groups of orang-utans, five species of gibbon, four groups of chimpanzees and 11 other species of monkeys and prosimians, including the Malagasy enclosure where you can walk with the free roaming lemurs, there are plenty monkey antics!
TV Show – Monkey Life
Welcome to the location of Monkey Life! This TV series has continuously documented the work of Alison Cronin MBE and the Monkey World team since 2006, with over 9 series aired in over 140 countries. The series follows the fascinating creatures at Monkey World Dorset throughout their daily lives from chimp power struggles to baby orug-utans joining nursery, here at Monkey World you can watch the stars of the show yourself
Groups, Tours & Parties
Monkey World is an ideal attraction for educational visits, other group visits and is a great location for children’s birthday parties. With topic focused educational talks, tours and workshops available as well as meeting and conference rooms, Monkey world is well suited to cater for groups of all different kinds.
Monkey World has a wedding license to carry out Civil Ceremonies and Civil Partnerships, so get married the Monkey World way! With a fully inclusive package offered you will be sure to have a day to remember as you’re looked after by the wonderful team.
With the exception of the woodland walk, the site is accessible to disabled visitors in wheelchairs and motorised scooters which are available to borrow free of charge if reserved in advance, as well as convenient for pushchairs and prams. The park also includes sensory statues for visually impaired visitors to feel, and written keeper talks are available for the hearing impaired.
- Monkey World Half Term Video
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult (aged 16 years+)||£16.00 per ticket|
|Carer on production of either DLA or PIP document||Free|
|Child (3-15yrs)||£11.00 per ticket|
|Disabled Visitor without Carer||£11.00 per ticket|
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)||£45.00 per ticket|
|Senior (60 yrs +)||£11.00 per ticket|
|Single Parent (1 Adult + 2 Children)||£32.00 per ticket|
|Student (NUS card required)||£13.00 per ticket|
Please see website for group discounts, school group discounts and birthday parties
* **COVID-19 UPDATE - Restricted opening dates and times. Visit the website for the most up to date information**
Only assistance dogs allowed in the park.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1064
- Ju GTrip Type:FamilyBrilliant day outSaturday, 19th June 2021Great visit to monkey world. Pre booked tickets easy via the Internet. Socially distanced. Masks had to be worn in the park whilst walking around. So nice to see these lovely animals in a nice... Read full review
- 999sharrisHorley, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWhat a fantastic place…Monday, 21st June 2021We managed to get 2 trips in over the weekend and I could go again and again. I can only admire the great work the staff of Monkey World do for the primates as seen on the TV series Monkey Life. We... Read full review
- 845sarahfLeeds, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLots of monkeysTuesday, 22nd June 2021Very good park, lots of monkeys and saw lots outside and inside. Very nice to see large enclosures and happy seeming monkeys. A highlight was the baby orangutans. Read full review