Embrace your wild side at Marwell Zoo!
Home to hundreds of endangered and exotic species in 140 acres of beautiful parkland, there’s plenty for the whole family to enjoy and admire. From
Amur tigers to brilliant birds, Marwell offers you the chance to get up close to the amazing members of the animal kingdom.
The zoo is owned and operated by conservation charity Marwell Wildlife, so, by visiting, you’ll be
contributing to incredible projects to conserve species and habitats both in Hampshire and
around the world.
Next stop: paradise. Head over to the ‘Energy for Life’ Tropical House. This innovative and
sustainable exhibit shows off a stunning environment where summer is eternal, and birds are
free to fly overhead. As you walk through this immersive display, peer through lush foliage and
get face-to-face with a Linne’s two-toed sloth.
Delight in the daily animal talks and feeds with Rothschild’s giraffes, meerkats and Humboldt
penguins. The miniature railway is great for up-close animal views and the road train makes for
a fantastically fun ride!
2020 is set to be an exciting year at the zoo with the addition of their new event
Supersized! The larger than life brick adventure features up to 40 models of real-life
creatures with an explosion of colour and size.
Plus, from summer 2020 enjoy a new wallaby walkthrough experience, including an idyllic dwell
area and natural seating – the perfect spot for relaxation.
Look out for new arrivals around the zoo throughout the year! Marwell Zoo is open daily from
10am, 363 days a year. Closing times and admissions prices vary. Please check the Marwell
website for full ticket prices and other details.
- Marwell Zoo youtube video
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult (aged 17-59 years)||£18.00 per ticket|
|Carer for paying guest with accessibility needs (proof required)||Free|
|Child (aged 3-16 years)||£14.50 per ticket|
|Family (2a 2c under 17 years)||£61.00 per ticket|
|Infant (2 and under)||Free|
|Seniors / Students||£15.50 per ticket|
Prices above include an optional 10% donation. Ticket prices change throughout the year, please check the Marwell website for full details. Marwell Zoo is an action-oriented conservation charity and by visiting the zoo, you are contributing not only to the care of Marwell’s resident animals, but also to their international conservation work.
|Open All Year (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Jan 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00*|
* Closing time depends on season. Please contact us for times before you travel.
Closed on Christmas and Boxing Day.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good870
- SarahLovesFrogsTrip Type:CouplesMarwell is a RUBBISH zooMonday, 24th February 2020this zoo has the skankiest penguins i have ever seen they have hardly any animals and it stinks all of the time the animals look like starving African children do not go here it’s rubbish Read full review
- melanie lDisappointedSunday, 1st March 2020We have been regular visitors here, annual ticket holders for the last three years. We are very disappointed with the zoo, each visit we make there seems to be less and less to view. What has... Read full review
- bluevconeLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesReally disappointingMonday, 16th March 2020Went to Marwell today. Accept it is low season and so work will be done. So many animals we couldn’t see e.g. Red Pandas and Wallaby’s. If so much work is being done then there should be a reduction... Read full review