Embrace your wild side at Marwell Zoo!
Home to hundreds of endangered and exotic species in 140 acres of beautiful parkland, there’s plenty for the whole family to enjoy and admire. From
Amur tigers to brilliant birds, Marwell offers you the chance to get up close to the amazing members of the animal kingdom.
The zoo is owned and operated by conservation charity Marwell Wildlife, so, by visiting, you’ll be
contributing to incredible projects to conserve species and habitats both in Hampshire and
around the world.
Next stop: paradise. Head over to the ‘Energy for Life’ Tropical House. This innovative and
sustainable exhibit shows off a stunning environment where summer is eternal, and birds are
free to fly overhead. As you walk through this immersive display, peer through lush foliage and
get face-to-face with a Linne’s two-toed sloth.
Delight in the daily animal talks and feeds with Rothschild’s giraffes, meerkats and Humboldt
penguins. The miniature railway is great for up-close animal views and the road train makes for
a fantastically fun ride!
2020 is set to be an exciting year at the zoo with the addition of their new event
SUPERSIZED! The larger than life brick adventure features up to 40 models of real-life
creatures with an explosion of colour and size.
Plus, from summer 2020 enjoy a new wallaby walkthrough experience, including an idyllic dwell
area and natural seating – the perfect spot for relaxation.
Look out for new arrivals around the zoo throughout the year! Marwell Zoo is open daily from
10am, 363 days a year. Closing times and admissions prices vary. Please check the Marwell
website for full ticket prices and other details.
- Marwell Zoo youtube video
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult (aged 17-59 years)||£18.00 per ticket|
|Carer for paying guest with accessibility needs (proof required)||Free|
|Child (aged 3-16 years)||£14.50 per ticket|
|Family (2a 2c under 17 years)||£61.00 per ticket|
|Infant (2 and under)||Free|
|Seniors / Students||£15.50 per ticket|
Prices above include an optional 10% donation. Ticket prices change throughout the year, please check the Marwell website for full details. Marwell Zoo is an action-oriented conservation charity and by visiting the zoo, you are contributing not only to the care of Marwell’s resident animals, but also to their international conservation work.
|Open All Year (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Jan 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00*|
* Closing time depends on season. Please contact us for times before you travel.
Closed on Christmas and Boxing Day.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good869
- gunnernokeSalisbury, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLovely day outTuesday, 11th February 2020We went a couple of weeks ago with our friends and their young families also. It was not the sunniest of days but the animals were all out and there was plenty for the kids to do. There were lots of... Read full review
- LouisesaritaTrip Type:FamilyAmazing day outWednesday, 12th February 2020This is a beautiful park to visit with children of any age. The animals are kept in the most lovely 'homes' with plenty of room. There is information on them all and that is very useful to both learn... Read full review
- suts19723Southampton, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyMarwell zooTuesday, 18th February 2020Spent the day at Marwell to find no lions why would you have no lions if you call yourself a zoo it’s what everyone wants to see,very disappointed couldn’t see the rhinos,no cheetah no nothing how... Read full review