Marwell Zoo has now re-opened. Advanced booking is essential. Tickets will be released four days ahead only.
For more information about how to book and the new rules and guidance for the park, visit their website.
Embrace your wild side at Marwell Zoo!
Home to hundreds of endangered and exotic species in 140 acres of beautiful parkland, there’s plenty for the whole family to enjoy and admire. From
Amur tigers to brilliant birds, Marwell offers you the chance to get up close to the amazing members of the animal kingdom.
The zoo is owned and operated by conservation charity Marwell Wildlife, so, by visiting, you’ll be
contributing to incredible projects to conserve species and habitats both in Hampshire and
around the world.
Next stop: paradise. Head over to the ‘Energy for Life’ Tropical House. This innovative and
sustainable exhibit shows off a stunning environment where summer is eternal, and birds are
free to fly overhead. As you walk through this immersive display, peer through lush foliage and
get face-to-face with a Linne’s two-toed sloth.
Delight in the daily animal talks and feeds with Rothschild’s giraffes, meerkats and Humboldt
penguins. The miniature railway is great for up-close animal views and the road train makes for
a fantastically fun ride!
2020 is set to be an exciting year at the zoo with the addition of their new event
Supersized! The larger than life brick adventure features up to 40 models of real-life
creatures with an explosion of colour and size.
Plus, from summer 2020 enjoy a new wallaby walkthrough experience, including an idyllic dwell
area and natural seating – the perfect spot for relaxation.
Look out for new arrivals around the zoo throughout the year! Marwell Zoo is open daily from
10am, 363 days a year. Closing times and admissions prices vary. Please check the Marwell
website for full ticket prices and other details.
- Marwell Zoo youtube video
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult (aged 17-59 years)||£18.00 per ticket|
|Carer for paying guest with accessibility needs (proof required)||Free|
|Child (aged 3-16 years)||£14.50 per ticket|
|Family (2a 2c under 17 years)||£61.00 per ticket|
|Infant (2 and under)||Free|
|Seniors / Students||£15.50 per ticket|
Prices above include an optional 10% donation. Ticket prices change throughout the year, please check the Marwell website for full details. Marwell Zoo is an action-oriented conservation charity and by visiting the zoo, you are contributing not only to the care of Marwell’s resident animals, but also to their international conservation work.
|Open All Year (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Jan 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00*|
* Closing time depends on season. Please contact us for times before you travel.
Closed on Christmas and Boxing Day.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good875
- PMH999Hayling Island, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyDisappointedTuesday, 7th July 2020Visited Marwell Zoo around 10 years ago. Visited today expecting it to be the same or improved but sadly very disappointed. A lot of the animals were off limits due to barriers. I wish on the... Read full review
- jenny_lou_dLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNice to be out but not much to seeWednesday, 8th July 2020It was lovely to have a family day out but the experience is very limited at present. We saw giraffes, rhinos and zebras clearly but many other animals weren’t present or their enclosures had been... Read full review
- sarah469Southampton, United KingdomOverall good but avoid busy areas in morning, go back to them later in dayThursday, 9th July 2020Visited on Thursday 9th July. Overall a good visit, I was a bit stressed out initially by many visitors not observing 2m rule (the cheetah walk and giraffe house were congested), but I think this... Read full review