Marwell Zoo has now re-opened. Advanced booking is essential. Tickets will be released four days ahead only.
For more information about how to book and the new rules and guidance for the park, visit their website.
COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS
Embrace your wild side at Marwell Zoo!
Home to hundreds of endangered and exotic species in 140 acres of beautiful parkland, there’s plenty for the whole family to enjoy and admire. From
Amur tigers to brilliant birds, Marwell offers you the chance to get up close to the amazing members of the animal kingdom.
The zoo is owned and operated by conservation charity Marwell Wildlife, so, by visiting, you’ll be
contributing to incredible projects to conserve species and habitats both in Hampshire and
around the world.
Next stop: paradise. Head over to the ‘Energy for Life’ Tropical House. This innovative and
sustainable exhibit shows off a stunning environment where summer is eternal, and birds are
free to fly overhead. As you walk through this immersive display, peer through lush foliage and
get face-to-face with a Linne’s two-toed sloth.
Delight in the daily animal talks and feeds with Rothschild’s giraffes, meerkats and Humboldt
penguins. The miniature railway is great for up-close animal views and the road train makes for
a fantastically fun ride!
2020 is set to be an exciting year at the zoo with the addition of their new event
Supersized! The larger than life brick adventure features up to 40 models of real-life
creatures with an explosion of colour and size.
Plus, from summer 2020 enjoy a new wallaby walkthrough experience, including an idyllic dwell
area and natural seating – the perfect spot for relaxation.
Look out for new arrivals around the zoo throughout the year! Marwell Zoo is open daily from
10am, 363 days a year. Closing times and admissions prices vary. Please check the Marwell
website for full ticket prices and other details.
- Marwell Zoo youtube video
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult (aged 17-59 years)||£18.00 per ticket|
|Carer for paying guest with accessibility needs (proof required)||Free|
|Child (aged 3-16 years)||£14.50 per ticket|
|Family (2a 2c under 17 years)||£61.00 per ticket|
|Infant (2 and under)||Free|
|Seniors / Students||£15.50 per ticket|
Prices above include an optional 10% donation. Ticket prices change throughout the year, please check the Marwell website for full details. Marwell Zoo is an action-oriented conservation charity and by visiting the zoo, you are contributing not only to the care of Marwell’s resident animals, but also to their international conservation work.
|Open All Year (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Jan 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00*|
* Closing time depends on season. Please contact us for times before you travel.
Closed on Christmas and Boxing Day.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good888
- FionaB676Lewes, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayIgnore the bad reviews! It's brilliant here 😃Wednesday, 16th September 2020Wonderful day out at Marwell Zoo yesterday. We arrived at 10.30 and left at 5pm closing time. Its so nice to amble about and have a full day taking in the beautiful creation around us. We saw pretty... Read full review
- Ian William ATrip Type:CouplesGreat day as an adult family. Fun day out with lots a things to see and do.Friday, 18th September 2020This is the first time we had visited in 20 years, and we can say we had a great day! With everything going in at the moment we were very reassured by the Covid measures in place. With plenty of... Read full review
- 658laurenkOttery St. Mary, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGood visit consideringFriday, 18th September 2020Marwell zoo has amazing enclosures for the animals, with so much space for them. Unfortunatly when we visited either the animals were hiding or covid 19 impacted on some areas, but you can see it... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020