Keep track – stay together – stay safe
Free to all visitors, LV=KidZone is a beach safety scheme to prevent and reunite lost children in the peak summer season.
To help keep track of children, visitors can collect a FREE wristband across the bay from specially trained LV= KidZone staff, as well as seafront rangers and RNLI lifeguard towers. Should you have a missing or found child, please report immediately to a member of the LV=KidZone/Seafront team or RNLI Lifeguard who will be on hand to help
From the 26 June up to (and including) 4 September, over 50,000 free waterproof wristbands which enable parents, guardians or carers to write their mobile number inside and attach to their child or vulnerable adult, will be handed out by specially trained LV= KidZone staff, seafront rangers and from RNLI beach lifeguard towers from Sandbanks through to Southbourne beach.
From 9 July, these wristbands will also be available from a seafront ranger or at a RNLI beach lifeguard tower on Friars Cliff, Avon and Highcliffe beaches.
The dedicated LV=KidZone team will be in operation between Alum Chine and Boscombe and can be found at the following beaches:
• Bournemouth: 26 June – 4 September
• Alum Chine: 16 July – 4 September
• Durley Chine: 16 July – 4 September
• Boscombe: 16 July – 4 September
Sponsored by LV= in partnership with BCP Council, the scheme provides essential support to the Seafront Operations Team and has successfully reunited hundreds of missing and found children since it began in 2007.
To have a safe and enjoyable day at our beaches take some simple steps to help prevent children from getting lost:
• Collect a FREE wristband from LV=KidZone/Seafront staff or RNLI Lifeguard towers
• Write a contact number on the wristband
• Encourage children to stay close
• Don’t leave a child unsupervised, go with them, especially into the sea
• Note what your child is wearing
• Show your child the nearest safe space or meeting place - such as a RNLI Lifeguard tower
• Explain what they need to do if they get lost
If they are lost tell them to STOP
S - STAY where they are, don’t walk off
T - TELL a staff member - they are wearing uniform, either a blue or yellow shirt
O - OBSERVE, look carefully. If they see the person they were with, go to them and hold their hand
P - POP to the nearest RNLI tower or find someone with a blue shirt who will help them
If you lose or find a child during your TRIP
T - TELL a staff member - LV=KidZone, Seafront or Lifeguard teams
R - REMAIN calm and stay with a member of staff whilst we co-ordinate a search, so we can reunite you quickly
I - IDENTIFY child - a photo can really help!
P - PLEASE let us know if you find your child before we do so we can call off the search.
Parents and families can find out more by enquiring at the Tourist Information Centre at Pier Approach.
|Running from (26 June 2022 - 4 Sept 2022)|
* From the 26 June up to (and including) 4 September, over 50,000 free waterproof wristbands which enable parents, guardians or carers to write their mobile number inside and attach to their child or vulnerable adult, will be handed out by specially trained LV= KidZone staff, seafront rangers and from RNLI beach lifeguard towers from Sandbanks through to Southbourne beach.