The Land Trains service is now closed for the winter. We would like to thank all our visitors who jumped on board and look forward to welcoming you back when we re-open for Easter 2024.
All aboard! Jump on one of our famous land trains, the best way to discover our beautiful beaches. Simply sit back and enjoy the seafront scenary as we sweep you along the promenade.
The brightly coloured fleet including Flotsam and Jetsam will take you to and from:
- Bournemouth Pier (West) to Branksome Chine, stopping at Durley Chine and Alum Chine and
- Bournemouth Pier (East) to Boscombe, stopping at Toft Zig Zag (drop off only). A request stop can be made at East Cliff lift. Please inform the driver when you get on that you would like to stop there.
Prices start from £4 per adult for one journey. Trains feature accessible facilities for wheelchair users and well behaved dogs are welcome. Route maps and timetables are available at each stop.
Who travels for FREE?
One carer travelling with a disabled passenger can travel for FREE as do children under 5.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult single||£4.00 per ticket|
|Adult unlimited||£7.50 per ticket|
|Child single (5-16 yrs)||£2.70 per ticket|
|Child unlimited (5-16 yrs)||£4.80 per ticket|
|Family single ticket (up to 2 adults and 3 children)||£12.50 per ticket|
|Family unlimited (up to 2 adults and 3 children)||£22.00 per ticket|
|Under 5s / One Carer travelling with a disabled person||Free|
Just get on board and pay on the train. Card payments only.
|Open (1 Apr 2023 - 29 Oct 2023)|
* Trains run daily from 10am subject to change and weather conditions. Trains run every 30 minutes to and from:
• Bournemouth Pier East (next to Harry Ramsden’s Restaurant) to Boscombe Pier, stopping at Toft zigzag (drop off only)
• Bournemouth Pier West (next to the Oceanarium) to Branksome Chine, stopping at Durley Chine and Alum Chine
Please note trains do not run between 13:00 and 13:30. If you wish to have more information or would like to check service hours, please call the Tourist Information Centre on 01202 123 800.
*Please note we are closed over the winter period (30 October - 31 March).