Covid-19 Update - 3/11/2020
Highcliffe Castle is now closed in line with new national restrictions. You can read the full BCP Council statement here.
The Castle Grounds are still open with catering takeaway services available.
Take a look at a range of exciting activities and resources the castle have put together for people to access whilst we stay at home.
“Have you visited the Castle in the last 12 months? Do you have a moment? Please could you help us provide visitor evaluation for our latest phase of works that were funded by National Lottery Heritage Fund
Follow this link and fill out the survey to help us see what works and what we could improve.
Welcome to Highcliffe Castle, a family friendly visitor attraction and a stunning weddings and events venue. Which is situated on the vibrant south coast and nestled in between award winning beaches.
On your visit you will be able to step inside and immerse yourself in this magnificent building which is bursting with history and has been described as arguably the most important surviving house of the Romantic and Picturesque style of architecture; its significance is recognised nationally by its Grade 1 listed status on the Statutory List of Buildings of Special Architectural and Historical Interest.
Discover the Castle
From the outside looking in the Castle looks like a fully restored building that has not suffered any damage but its story is only just beginning when you visit, step inside to discover how this wonderful building has survived two major fires and has undergone extensive restoration which enables you to walk through and explore three floors of fascinating history.
There is plenty to do for all of the family, whether you enjoy reading our interesting interpretation panels or having fun with the kids on our trails, the Castle is suitable for all ages and the average visit will take between 1-2 hours, then on site we have a tearoom facility offering snacks to full lunches and easy access to a glorious beach and a peaceful nature reserve.
Events, Exhibitions & Wellbeing
The castle features an exciting programme of events and exhibits catering for all tastes. They also offer a range of health and fitness programmes all which can be found on their website.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£7.00 per person per day|
|Child aged 5 - 16||£3.00 per person per day|
|Family (2 Adults 2 Children or 1 Adult 3 Children)||£15.00 per person per day|
Highcliffe Castle Season Ticket Members & Historic Houses Association Members: FREE
|Castle Opening Times (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Jan 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|
* Castle Grounds open daily at 7:00 am and close from 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm depending on the season. More information can be found on the website.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good227
- KimberleyannehPortsmouth, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLesson in HistoryWednesday, 4th November 2020A wonderful history lesson. Whilst the castle interior is sadly no longer recognisable apart from the odd feature here and there, it is still able to imagine from the photos in each room, how it... Read full review
- Andrew_R_HeatherBursledon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat afternoon teaSaturday, 24th April 2021Highcliffe castle and it’s beautiful grounds are always worth a visit but stooping for tea or coffee and cake is a treat give it a try Read full review
- Henrietta PLondon, United KingdomBeautiful location, intruiging historyMonday, 10th May 2021Highcliffe is in the most idyllic spot. I wish we had been able to see inside the building. The hsotry of Highcliffe was intruiging. Built between 1831 and 1835 by Charles Stuart, 1st Baron Stuart... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021