Covid-19 Update - See the website for the most up to date information.
Welcome to Highcliffe Castle, a family friendly visitor attraction and a stunning weddings and events venue. Which is situated on the vibrant south coast and nestled in between award winning beaches.
On your visit you will be able to step inside and immerse yourself in this magnificent building which is bursting with history and has been described as arguably the most important surviving house of the Romantic and Picturesque style of architecture; its significance is recognised nationally by its Grade 1 listed status on the Statutory List of Buildings of Special Architectural and Historical Interest.
Discover the Castle
From the outside looking in the Castle looks like a fully restored building that has not suffered any damage but its story is only just beginning when you visit, step inside to discover how this wonderful building has survived two major fires and has undergone extensive restoration which enables you to walk through and explore three floors of fascinating history.
There is plenty to do for all of the family, whether you enjoy reading our interesting interpretation panels or having fun with the kids on our trails, the Castle is suitable for all ages and the average visit will take between 1-2 hours, then on site we have a tearoom facility offering snacks to full lunches and easy access to a glorious beach and a peaceful nature reserve.
Events, Exhibitions & Wellbeing
The castle features an exciting programme of events and exhibits catering for all tastes. They also offer a range of health and fitness programmes all which can be found on their website.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£7.00 per person per day|
|Child aged 5 - 16||£3.00 per person per day|
|Family (2 Adults 2 Children or 1 Adult 3 Children)||£15.00 per person per day|
Highcliffe Castle Season Ticket Members & Historic Houses Association Members: FREE
|Castle Opening Times (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Jan 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|
* Castle Grounds open daily at 7:00 am and close from 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm depending on the season. More information can be found on the website.
Pre booking is essential.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good231
- MadeneeLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBEAUTIFUL GROUNDS AND BUILDINGSunday, 12th September 2021An interesting couple of hours wandering around the grounds and 'Castle' (Stately Home). There were volunteers on hand to ask questions and some great work has been done on the renovations, still a... Read full review
- 396clivemOxford, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDaily visit on our holidayMonday, 13th September 2021wonderful grounds good for walks along cliff top path to Beach hut cafe with dog. Then back to Highcliffe for cream tea at cafe Read full review
- C9517LXshirleytTrip Type:CouplesDidn't have one ! Very angry 😠Friday, 17th September 2021Notification of a wedding should be on a large sign to say that there will be no entry into the castle so as not to pay for the car park ! Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021