The Castle will be open Sundays – Thursdays 10am – 4 pm with the last entrance at 2pm from the 20th September. Visitors to the Castle must now book their tickets in advance on the Castle’s website which opens for bookings from Monday 14 September. This will allow for visitor numbers to be controlled.
Take a look at a range of exciting activities and resources the castle have put together for people to access whilst we stay at home.
Welcome to Highcliffe Castle, a family friendly visitor attraction and a stunning weddings and events venue. Which is situated on the vibrant south coast and nestled in between award winning beaches.
On your visit you will be able to step inside and immerse yourself in this magnificent building which is bursting with history and has been described as arguably the most important surviving house of the Romantic and Picturesque style of architecture; its significance is recognised nationally by its Grade 1 listed status on the Statutory List of Buildings of Special Architectural and Historical Interest.
Discover the Castle
From the outside looking in the Castle looks like a fully restored building that has not suffered any damage but its story is only just beginning when you visit, step inside to discover how this wonderful building has survived two major fires and has undergone extensive restoration which enables you to walk through and explore three floors of fascinating history.
There is plenty to do for all of the family, whether you enjoy reading our interesting interpretation panels or having fun with the kids on our trails, the Castle is suitable for all ages and the average visit will take between 1-2 hours, then on site we have a tearoom facility offering snacks to full lunches and easy access to a glorious beach and a peaceful nature reserve.
Events, Exhibitions & Wellbeing
The castle features an exciting programme of events and exhibits catering for all tastes. They also offer a range of health and fitness programmes all which can be found on their website.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£7.00 per person per day|
|Child aged 5 - 16||£3.00 per person per day|
|Family (2 Adults 2 Children or 1 Adult 3 Children)||£15.00 per person per day|
Highcliffe Castle Season Ticket Members & Historic Houses Association Members: FREE
|Castle Opening Times (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Jan 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|
* Castle Grounds open daily at 7:00 am and close from 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm depending on the season. More information can be found on the website.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good226
- LizG1LeedsTrip Type:CouplesEnjoyable visitSunday, 4th October 2020Beautiful house with informative displays about it's eventful history and friendly volunteers. We only had chance for a short walk around the gardens and down to the beach due to the very rainy... Read full review
- bevanlozRedhill, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBrilliant find, gorgeous location and a fantastic helpful team!Wednesday, 7th October 2020Visited the area many times but had not heard of Highcliffe castle before, as we were staying down the road we thought it was worth a visit! Turned out to be an absolute gem, perfect for a visit on a... Read full review
- AvidTraveler12Winchester, United KingdomAn Interesting FindWednesday, 14th October 2020We walked from Mudeford beach, it's a gentle an approx 1 mile walk. We never made it inside the house, externally it's an impressive building with equally impressive surrounding gardens. Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020