Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park
Come along and enjoy a unique experience visiting one of the very last Heavy Horse Centres left in Britain. The Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park is a multi-award-winning attraction located in the heart of Dorset. Recognised as both a family attraction and conservation centre for the rare breed Heavy Horses. Whether you are a family group, grandparent, or young couple an entertaining day out awaits you offering a separate daily timetable for both adults and children!
A fascinating insight into the history of the gentle giants with engaging daily demonstrations & presentations. Discover how Heavy Horses powered man for thousands of years and explore the faithful story of the War Horse. Learn how to harness a Heavy Horse into his work wagon before enjoying a Horse drawn carriage ride!
Admire traditional hand-painted Romany caravans and learn about the Gypsy Horses which pulled them through the countryside as well as a rare insight into the Romany community. (All demonstrations and talks can be seen on the daily schedule).
Hands on Farm Tours:
Home to all creatures great and small including: Miniature Shetland ponies, donkey’s, alpacas, kune-kune pigs, goats, sheep, chickens, ducks, rabbits, guinea pigs and many more it’s a perfect opportunity to get ‘stuck in and hands on’ around the farm! Join in daily tours conducted by the friendly and knowledgeable farm keeper. Head off around the farm feeding the farm animals and hunting for eggs! Combining education and fun as children can learn the roles of the work horses in the ‘off to work tour’. Get a real feel for the countryside with digging, planting and pulling of crops with the ‘farmers garden tour’. A perfect combination of education and fun!
Ride and Drive:
Make memories and enjoy Free activities including: Heavy Horse Drawn Carriage rides, Tractor drive (Drive a real farm tractor in the arena), Miniature pony carriage rides & Tractor and Trailer rides. (Pony riding runs weekend and school holidays the only additional charge)
Good old-fashioned FUN for children:
Children can let off steam with adventure play park, pedal go-carts, pedal tractors, sand-pits, toddlers play barn, vintage fairground rides and Timber Play barn with mega drop side! Enjoy close and cuddly encounters with hands of activities including animal petting and pony grooming!
Exhibits from days gone by:
A pleasant visit to the past times. WW1 Field Trenches - wander through field trenches and discover the story of the War Horse. A tribute to the lives lost but not forgotten. Explore Vintage vehicles, Static canal display, Romany and Showman’s hand painted caravans and visit the harness makers and blacksmiths workshops & vintage cider press. Its a step back in time!
Smoke Joes Café:
Mosey on down to Smokey Joe’s Western Café for delicious brunches, lunches & afternoon teas. Enjoy a unique and fun atmosphere while you dine!
Step back in time, a unique day out filled with both education and fun for the whole family!
South West Tourism Excellence Winners GOLD - Small Attraction of the year, Dorset Tourism Awards Winners GOLD Small Attraction of the year, Primary Times Star Reader Awards Winners, Rural Business Awards Finalists. TripAdvisor Hall of Fame winning certificate of excellence 8 years running, Innovation Awards winners for best vintage vehicle collection. BHStar Awards Attraction of the Year GOLD.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£11.75 per ticket|
|Child (3-14yrs)||£10.75 per ticket|
|Concession||£11.25 per ticket|
|Family (2ad & 2 children)||£39.95 per ticket|
|Little People 2 years||£4.95 per ticket|
|Opening (4 Apr 2020 - 1 Nov 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 16:00|
* Open 7 days a week during Dorset school holidays.
Closed Mondays & Tuesdays during term time.
October open Friday, Saturday and Sunday and open half term week.
Open Bank holidays 10am - 4pm
Updates email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good145
- Malcolm EAldershot, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGood place to visit in SummerMonday, 11th November 2019The farm is well sign posted with good parking. You enter in to the courtyard surrounded by the huge horses in their stables. Buy food and feed them. They love this but aren't interested if no food... Read full review
- teeny20Southampton, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyHalloween special funTuesday, 17th December 2019Our last visit for this season before winter closure granddaughters had fun spooky dress up day , face painting, pumpkin carving, horseshoe painting, coconut stall and all the other amenities a good... Read full review
- 19Annie_P84Trip Type:FamilyThis place is simply a MUSTMonday, 30th December 2019Every time we have our family holiday to Weymouth we visit this attraction Im lost for words on what I can say about this place We absolutely love it Honestly can't say a bad word about it We have... Read full review