Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park
OPEN from 1st of MAY 2021
COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS - Continuing to provide you with a FULL DAY OUT!
~ A day delivered with passion at Dorset's favourite family run attraction ~
Come along and enjoy a unique experience visiting one of the very last Heavy Horse Centres left in Great Britain. The Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park is a multi-award-winning day out for all ages recognised as both a family attraction and conservation centre for the majestic rare breed Heavy Horses. Whether you are a family group, grandparent, or young couple make memories and embrace a real countryside experience!
We are dedicated to entertaining the WHOLE family providing a full schedule of events for both Adults & Children
See our 'Daily Schedule for times of activities' on our website!
Enjoy a range of talks and demonstrations throughout your visit! Meet our herd of heavies in the morning stable feeding tour, learn about the working horses with the Heavy Horse Harness demonstration, take a seat and admire the gentle giants with a fascinating insight into their history, journey back in time to discover the story of the War Horse and gather around the beautiful Romany wagons for an insight into their traditional ways of life.
Hands on Farm Tours:
Home to all creatures great and small including: Miniature Shetland ponies, donkey’s, alpacas, kune-kune pigs, goats, sheep, chickens, ducks, rabbits, guinea pigs and many more! Join our passionate farm keeper and 'muck in' feeding and learning about our friendly farm animals during daily tours. Little helpers at the ready with the morning 'off to work' tour discovering the roles of the working ponies. All the fun of the farm as you are invited to set off with the farm keeper feeding the farmyard animals and searching for eggs! Get a real feel for the countryside and join us in the 'farmers garden' digging, planting and pulling learning all about the crops and veggies! A perfect combination of education and fun!
Ride and Drive:
All our activities and rides are included in your entry. What better way of transport than a horse-drawn vehicle?! Enjoy Heavy Horse drawn carriage rides, tractor trailer rides, tractor 'bunker' ride & miniature pony carriage rides. - A unique farm experience!
All the fun of the farm park:
Children can embrace their sense of adventure with: Adventure play park, pedal go-carts, pedal tractors, sand-pits, toddlers play barn, vintage fairground rides including Victorian Swing boats, Straw play barn and Timberland play barn! * NEW for 2021 'Dorset Horses Adventure Play'
Enjoy close and cuddly encounters with hands of activities including animal petting and pony grooming!
Exhibits from days gone by:
A trip down memory lane with a pleasant visit to the past times. Explore the WW1 Field Trenches, vintage vehicles, static canal display, Romany and Showman’s hand painted caravans, visit the harness makers and blacksmiths workshops, vintage cider press and farmers implements from the bygone years. Its a step back in time!
Smoke Joes Café:
Ditch your packed lunch and mosey on down to Smokey Joe’s country & western themed Café! Our five star hygiene rated country café offers delicious home cooked brunches, lunches, handmade cakes and the best coffee in town! We hope you have a 'rootin tootin time!'. (Open 10am -3.30pm)
Re-open from 1 May 2021
10AM - 4PM
OPEN - Wednesday - Sunday during Dorset term time
CLOSED - Monday & Tuesdays during Dorset term time
OPEN - 7 days a week during Dorset holidays
*Open bank holiday Mondays*
- Please pre-book your tickets via our website - Tickets are currently LIMITED / We recommended booking in ADVANCE to save disappointment
- We advise arriving close to opening to benefit from the full daily schedule
- All events on our daily schedule for Adults & Children run each day throughout the season & all activities are INCLUDED in your entry.
~ By visiting the Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park you are supporting the rare breed Heavy Horses ~
Attraction Awards & Accolades :
South West Tourism - Small Attraction of the year - GOLD
Dorset Tourism Awards - Small Attraction of the year - GOLD
BHStar Awards - Small Attraction of the year - GOLD
Rural Business Awards - Finalist
Primary Times Winners - Voted ‘Best Value for Money Attraction' in Dorset
Primary Times Winners - 'Blue ribbon awards' Best overall experience
Innovation Awards - Best vintage vehicle and preservation collection
TripAdvisor - Hall of Fame 2020 & Certificate of Excellence
~ We look forward to hosting your day trip ~
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult (16+)||£12.75 per ticket|
|Child (3-15yrs)||£11.75 per ticket|
|Concession||£12.50 per ticket|
|Family Ticket (2 adults & 2 children)||£45.00 per ticket|
|Tots (2+)||£5.50 per ticket|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good148
- JadeH416Trip Type:Friends getawayFantastic day outWednesday, 16th June 2021We visited the heavy horse cente as a family of 4 adult's and we had a amazing day. We brought animal feed at the reception which is a must to do. The owner was absolutely fantastic. He's sense of... Read full review
- julielU1349IAA really lovely day outThursday, 17th June 2021A really lovely day here. Granny, great aunt, Mum and a two year old. Lots of hands on with ponies, donkey, goats, rabbits, chickens. Staff very friendly and lots of things to do. Great adventure... Read full review
- Getaway700009Trip Type:FamilyExcellent day outTuesday, 22nd June 2021Very enjoyable day for all the family, very knowledgeable staff. We had a lovely day there and look forward to going back. Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021