Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park
RE-OPEN FROM 1ST AUGUST 2020
We are pleased to announce we have been officially accredited by Visit Britain as being "Good to Go!" Here on the farm we have been working hard to follow government & industry COVID-19 guidelines in order to ensure your day out is hosted within a controlled environment. There have been some changes and procedures put in place in order to maintain the highest possible standard of cleanliness and social distancing so we can keep you and your family safe!
- PRE-BOOKED Tickets will be ESSENTIAL
- The number of visitors will be RESTRICTED therefore tickets will be LIMITED
- Pre-booked ticketing allows us to meet the NHS Test and Trace programme and monitor visitors numbers
- Online tickets will be available from 27th July 2020 (please visit website)
- COVID-19 Prevention measures in place around the farm park
Please note: Please note due to restrictions some activities may be put on hold for the time being and some activities have been adapted to ensure social distancing measures are being followed. We are doing all we can to offer you as much as possible under the current circumstances. We thank you for your understanding and thank you for supporting our family run attraction which is now one of the last Heavy Horse Centres left in Britain.
COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS
Come along and enjoy a unique experience visiting one of the very last Heavy Horse Centres left in Britain. The Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park is a multi-award-winning attraction located in the heart of Dorset. Recognised as both a family attraction and conservation centre for the rare breed Heavy Horses. Whether you are a family group, grandparent, or young couple an entertaining day out awaits you offering a separate daily timetable for both adults and children!
A fascinating insight into the history of the gentle giants with engaging daily demonstrations & presentations. Discover how Heavy Horses powered man for thousands of years and explore the faithful story of the War Horse. Learn how to harness a Heavy Horse into his work wagon before enjoying a Horse drawn carriage ride!
Admire traditional hand-painted Romany caravans and learn about the Gypsy Horses which pulled them through the countryside as well as a rare insight into the Romany community. (All demonstrations and talks can be seen on the daily schedule).
Hands on Farm Tours:
Home to all creatures great and small including: Miniature Shetland ponies, donkey’s, alpacas, kune-kune pigs, goats, sheep, chickens, ducks, rabbits, guinea pigs and many more it’s a perfect opportunity to get ‘stuck in and hands on’ around the farm! Join in daily tours conducted by the friendly and knowledgeable farm keeper. Head off around the farm feeding the farm animals and hunting for eggs! Combining education and fun as children can learn the roles of the work horses in the ‘off to work tour’. Get a real feel for the countryside with digging, planting and pulling of crops with the ‘farmers garden tour’. A perfect combination of education and fun!
Ride and Drive:
Make memories and enjoy Free activities including: Heavy Horse Drawn Carriage rides, Tractor drive (Drive a real farm tractor in the arena), Miniature pony carriage rides & Tractor and Trailer rides. (Pony riding runs weekend and school holidays the only additional charge)
Good old-fashioned FUN for children:
Children can let off steam with adventure play park, pedal go-carts, pedal tractors, sand-pits, toddlers play barn, vintage fairground rides and Timber Play barn with mega drop side! Enjoy close and cuddly encounters with hands of activities including animal petting and pony grooming!
Exhibits from days gone by:
A pleasant visit to the past times. WW1 Field Trenches - wander through field trenches and discover the story of the War Horse. A tribute to the lives lost but not forgotten. Explore Vintage vehicles, Static canal display, Romany and Showman’s hand painted caravans and visit the harness makers and blacksmiths workshops & vintage cider press. Its a step back in time!
Smoke Joes Café:
Mosey on down to Smokey Joe’s Western Café for delicious brunches, lunches & afternoon teas. Enjoy a unique and fun atmosphere while you dine!
Step back in time, a unique day out filled with both education and fun for the whole family!
South West Tourism Excellence Winners GOLD - Small Attraction of the year, Dorset Tourism Awards Winners GOLD Small Attraction of the year, Primary Times Star Reader Awards Winners, Rural Business Awards Finalists. TripAdvisor Hall of Fame winning certificate of excellence 8 years running, Innovation Awards winners for best vintage vehicle collection. BHStar Awards Attraction of the Year GOLD.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£11.75 per ticket|
|Child (3-14yrs)||£10.75 per ticket|
|Concession||£11.25 per ticket|
|Family (2ad & 2 children)||£39.95 per ticket|
|Little People 2 years||£4.95 per ticket|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good148
- bennyweb87Dorset, United KingdomBrilliant dayFriday, 18th September 2020We had a brilliant day. My 3 year old son loved it. Lots of space to play and see the animals. The staff were very friendly. The man running the rides and tractor was lovely and helpful. The staff... Read full review
- P745CEserenapTrip Type:CouplesGreat place.Friday, 18th September 2020What a lovely place to visit. Interesting for adults and loads for kids to do too. Well worth the money to get in. Was there for 3 hours but would probably stayed longer if with small children as... Read full review
- winston240618Trip Type:FamilyProudFriday, 18th September 2020Firstly, I think that the horses at this place looked well. I’m a horse fanatic and it cannot be easy with the upkeep of these majestic creatures all in one farm. We were advised that they are turned... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020