Corfe Castle Model Village and Gardens
Please visit our website/social media for the latest information and updates regarding Covid-19.
Be a Giant at Corfe Castle Model Village!
Come and visit Corfe Castle Model Village and see what the Castle and village would have looked like before its destruction by Cromwell’s troops in 1646. Set in an acre of landscaped gardens, we are the ideal place for a lazy few hours for both young and old alike.
Included in the Model Village and gardens are:
• Giant Games for all the family
• Croquet lawn
• Village punishment area for scoundrels, with working stocks and pillories
• Fossil corner
• Enchanted fairy garden
• Wildlife garden with hide and bird feeding station
• The Potting shed miniature museum and information centre
• Life size civil war soldiers, guarding our castle
• Terrace for refreshments, with sweeping views of the surrounding hills and castle.
• Gift shop, selling local produce and fun gifts for all the family
• The Courtyard tea room serving fresh local produce in a 17th Century courtyard setting. Open to everyone whether visiting the Model Village or not.
Corfe Castle Model Village is situated in the heart of Corfe Castle village, on the Isle of Purbeck. It is within easy reach of Poole, Bournemouth and Weymouth and close to the Jurassic coast, a World Heritage site.
The Model Village is on a slope and some parts may be inaccessible for wheelchairs/pushchairs; we encourage a companion to view the site before entering.
Dogs are welcome on a lead.
Parking is available on the street or in local car parks.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£4.20 per person per day|
|Children (4 - 15 years)||£3.00 per person per day|
|Family Ticket||£13.50 per ticket|
Family tickets available £13.50 (2 Adults + 3 Children)
|Model Village Opening Times (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Jan 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00*|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good955
- Chris HGloucester, United KingdomDrink in the historyTuesday, 19th October 2021From 1086 to date is a long time, with many stories to be told. All done very well among ruins that made it all very atmospheric. Read full review
- JamieH767Lancashire, United KingdomPicturess CastleTuesday, 19th October 2021If you are in the area then this castle is a good activity. I would recommend this as a couple of hours activity. Very beautiful castle and very good for a picture or two. Read full review
- Caroline HTrip Type:FamilyWell worth a visitFriday, 22nd October 2021Well worth a visit but would recommend you visit in good weather as high up so wear a hat 😊. Interesting and really well done. Lovely village surrounding as well with nice galleries/shops and pubs... Read full review