Compton Acres will be fully re-open from 4th July.
They have a strict one way system in place, and ask all visitors to abide by the 2m social distancing policy at all times. They also have hand sanitizing stations on entrance! Compton Acres feel now is the time they can open safely and will do everything they can to ensure this is the case, and ask kindly that their visitors also do the same!
Compton Acres is one of the finest privately owned gardens in the South of England. Having undergone extensive refurbishment in the past 10 years Compton Acres is now highly regarded as one of the most important historic gardens in the UK.
Comprising a series of classical themed gardens, each providing an attractive and unique variety of ornamental plants from around the world, cared for by a team of professional gardeners.
The gardens are laid out on a circular route, like clusters of jewels on a sparkling necklace, allowing the visitor to discover each garden in turn. Highlights include the Grand Italian Garden, a Rock and Water Garden, a Heather Garden and an authentic Japanese Garden which was designed and built by a Japanese architect with many ornaments imported from Japan. There is surprise, beauty and interest at every turn at Compton Acres.
The five contrasting garden designs were conceived to provide pleasure and enjoyment to its original owner and the gardens still retain the atmosphere of a distinctive private property.
Thanks to the mild climate of Dorset’s south facing coast and the skill of its gardeners, Compton Acres contains a magnificent collection of more than 3000 species of trees, shrubs, bulbs and herbaceous plants enriched by seasonal plantings of thousands of bedding plants. Each year sees an increase in the range of plants chosen to provide colour, beauty and horticultural interest all the year round.
There are two cafes, (the Harbour View cafe is seasonal) serving great coffee, teas, snacks and real homemade food, shops and plant centre.
Well behaved dogs on leads are welcome.
There is a large free car park.
- Compton Acres - We Are Ready
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|4 and Under||Free|
|Adult||£8.45 per ticket|
|Annual Pass Family||£85.00 per ticket|
|Annual Pass Family Single Adult||£65.00 per ticket|
|Annual Pass Single||£35.00 per ticket|
|Carer||£3.50 per ticket|
|Children||£4.25 per ticket|
|Concession||£7.45 per ticket|
|Family Ticket (2 Adults and up to 3 Children)||£19.50 per ticket|
*Occasionally special offers available - see website.
|Opening Times Summer (20 Apr 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 18:00*|
|Opening Times Winter (1 Jan 2021 - 19 Apr 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00*|
* **Revised COVID-19 Opening times - 9am - 3.30pm (Kitchen 9am - 2pm)**
Opening times are subject to change, please see website for more details.
Details subject to variation without prior notice.
*excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good297
- BurchanneburSilsoeGreat findSaturday, 12th September 2020What a fantastic find so beautiful when turning a corner a lovely waterfall or a Japanese garden then lovely cakes and tea in the courtyard well recommended. Read full review
- Extraordinary629752Lovely gardensWednesday, 16th September 2020A lovely garden to walk around and a one way system in place. Italian and Japanese gardens are the highlights but there is much of interest and plenty of seats around. I should imagine there is... Read full review
- Steve WBotley, United KingdomBeautiful gardens.Friday, 18th September 2020If you are driving then parking is very limited on site and you may have to find alternative parking. We were lucky and managed to park fairly close by. The gardens are stunning and we were spoilt... Read full review