Brownsea Island Ferries
From Sat 18th & Sun 19th July – Coastal Cruises available. Leaving at 2.30pm. For bookings and more information on cruises running please call tel: 01929 462383
Brownsea Island will re-open on Thursday 23 July and you'll need to book your tickets by 3pm the day before you visit. Members will be able to book for free, while non-members will need to pay when booking. All visitors, (including members) will need to pay for the ferry. Please book the ferry online for Brownsea Island here. Boats currently from POOLE QUAY ONLY.
Poole’s famous yellow boats…
Lord Baden Powell went by yellow boat to found the Scout Movement 100 years ago. Why don't you do the same?
Friendly family business est.1887. Poole's Oldest Boat Company with full bar and buffet facilities leaving from the Yellow Kiosks on Poole Quay & Sandbanks.
Ferries to Brownsea Island
Take a trip over to this peaceful island in Poole Harbour. It’s an idyllic spot – a haven for wildlife, including a thriving population for the scarce and threatened red squirrel, wading birds and Sika deer. Explore woodlands and heath and stroll the cliffs and beaches with glorious views across the harbour to the Purbeck Hills.
Half hourly daily service in the main season from Sandbanks (next to chain ferry) and Poole Quay starting at 10am.
Get the most of this wonderful stretch of coast by taking a relaxing and fun trip. Our cruises include the Old Harry, Swanage Bay & World Heritage Jurassic Coast cruise and lovely jaunt up the River Frome to historic Wareham, on a Wareham River Cruise.
Special Event Cruises
See spectacular events from a different perspective this summer! Visit our website for information on Firework cruises and Bournemouth Air Festival cruises.
Special RSPB Bird Watching trips available.
We welcome disabled customers on board our vessels, but for safe access a small degree of mobility is needed by everyone. Due to the jetty and vessel design, adults who use wheelchairs must be able to walk (assisted if necessary) just a few steps for access at boarding gates, as crews are not permitted to lift occupied wheelchairs. Each wheelchair must be accompanied by an attendant to assist a disabled person in the event of an emergency on board. We regret that electrically propelled wheelchairs will not be carried due to the difficulties that might arise in the event of an emergency requiring evacuation from the vessel. In all cases, the number of wheelchairs that may be carried is at the absolute discretion of the vessel's Master. Please see our website for further details.
Want to know more?
For all enquiries, including day trips, coach and group parties, weddings and private charters, please get in touch. We welcome college, youth and school groups and will be delighted to discuss Itineraries and rates with you.
Head Office: Hethfleton Offices, Hethfelton, East Stoke, Wareham, Dorset BH20 6HJ.
Please visit the website for details on cruise prices.
Under 6's go free (not applicable in group bookings).
|Opening (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* **Brownsea Island is now open** Tickets for Ferry must be booked through the National Trust website.
Dates and times will vary. Please check website for more details.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good218
- Jackie ATrip Type:FamilyParadise, just a boat ride awayFriday, 21st August 2020Had a lovely trip to brownsea Island. The boat was as covid safe as you wanted. We waited back while other customers crowded to get on and off the ferry. There was hand sanitiser to use if you... Read full review
- Wonderful-world62Trip Type:FamilyAre face masks necessary?Saturday, 22nd August 2020Had a lovely day on Brownsea island this week. Weather was beautiful, spotted lots of red squirrels, had lunch with the peacocks and their sweet little chicks, then sat on the beach which felt like I... Read full review
- MrsShoesEnglandTrip Type:FamilyNot as good as usualTuesday, 1st September 2020We got the ferry over to Brownsea Island. You don’t now get the extra hop around the back of the island with the commentary which is disappointing. No one on board checking the social distancing as... Read full review