Brownsea Island Ferries
**COVID-19 Update - Brownsea Island currently closed**
Poole’s famous yellow boats…
Lord Baden Powell went by yellow boat to found the Scout Movement 100 years ago. Why don't you do the same?
Friendly family business est.1887. Poole's Oldest Boat Company with full bar and buffet facilities leaving from the Yellow Kiosks on Poole Quay & Sandbanks.
Ferries to Brownsea Island
Take a trip over to this peaceful island in Poole Harbour. It’s an idyllic spot – a haven for wildlife, including a thriving population for the scarce and threatened red squirrel, wading birds and Sika deer. Explore woodlands and heath and stroll the cliffs and beaches with glorious views across the harbour to the Purbeck Hills.
Half hourly daily service in the main season from Sandbanks (next to chain ferry) and Poole Quay starting at 10am.
Get the most of this wonderful stretch of coast by taking a relaxing and fun trip. Our cruises include the Old Harry, Swanage Bay & World Heritage Jurassic Coast cruise and lovely jaunt up the River Frome to historic Wareham, on a Wareham River Cruise.
Special Event Cruises
See spectacular events from a different perspective this summer! Visit our website for information on Firework cruises and Bournemouth Air Festival cruises.
Special RSPB Bird Watching trips available.
We welcome disabled customers on board our vessels, but for safe access a small degree of mobility is needed by everyone. Due to the jetty and vessel design, adults who use wheelchairs must be able to walk (assisted if necessary) just a few steps for access at boarding gates, as crews are not permitted to lift occupied wheelchairs. Each wheelchair must be accompanied by an attendant to assist a disabled person in the event of an emergency on board. We regret that electrically propelled wheelchairs will not be carried due to the difficulties that might arise in the event of an emergency requiring evacuation from the vessel. In all cases, the number of wheelchairs that may be carried is at the absolute discretion of the vessel's Master. Please see our website for further details.
Want to know more?
For all enquiries, including day trips, coach and group parties, weddings and private charters, please get in touch. We welcome college, youth and school groups and will be delighted to discuss Itineraries and rates with you.
Head Office: Hethfleton Offices, Hethfelton, East Stoke, Wareham, Dorset BH20 6HJ.
Please visit the website for details on cruise prices.
Tickets from the Yellow Kiosk on Poole Quay (BH15 1HJ) and Sandbanks - by the chain ferry (BH13 7QN).
Cash only accepted at Sandbanks.
Under 6's go free (not applicable in group bookings).
|Opening (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Some seasonal opening variations - please contact directly or check website.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good215
- MrsBear49Poole, United KingdomBrownsea Island PlayFriday, 3rd January 2020We had booked to see the open air Shakespeare play on Brownsea Island and the ticket price included the ferry ride there and back. The boats run regularly from Poole Quay and we had to show the play... Read full review
- 164kyliehTrip Type:Friends getawayFriendly and good serviceSunday, 23rd February 2020We had a good trip on the yellow boats/ferries. Would suggest a better looking and better service on the 'bar' but other than that no complaints! Read full review
- 997DanielCMiddlesbrough, United KingdomIt beats swimmingFriday, 12th June 2020If you want to visit Brown sea island where the scouts were formed over a hundred years ago you can catch a trip on these ferries, just pay for your ticket and once it arrives jump on and it won't be... Read full review