Highcliffe Castle is a Grade 1 listed building situated on the cliff top overlooking Christchurch Bay.
On your visit you will be introduced to the stories of the people who have lived in the Castle, and hear about how this once lavish aristocrat's home was destroyed by two fires and subsequently rescued from ruin. You can often observe our on-site conservator at work in our Stained Glass Studio, restoring pieces of the Castle’s medieval collection. Our Tearooms provide drinks and snacks, or you can enjoy a picnic on the lawns whilst enjoying the sea view.
There is plenty to do for all of the family; from our interactive displays and extensive array of period dressing up clothes, to our programme of trails and crafts.
The Castle also hosts a changing programme of exhibitions, and exciting events throught the year, including our popular outdoor theatre events on the lawns.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£7.00 per person per day|
|Child aged 5 - 16||£3.00 per person per day|
|Family (2 Adults 2 Children or 1 Adult 3 Children)||£15.00 per person per day|
Highcliffe Castle Members, Historic Houses Members, children under 5 and carers: FREE. Seniors and students £6.50.
|Castle Opening Times (1 Feb 2022 - 23 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|
* Castle Grounds open daily at 7:00 am and close from 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm depending on the season. More information can be found on the website.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good233
- B7843VVlarabTrip Type:FamilyGood to visit on a sunny dayFriday, 22nd April 2022A beautiful location and an interesting story. I was fascinated at the work being done to restore what was a derelict building. Although here was not a huge amount to see this was reflected in the... Read full review
- craigrE6840SYTrip Type:FamilyNice, but slow day at the cafe..Monday, 2nd May 2022Ive been to the castle a few times, but only gone in this visit. Worth a visit but it is basic in terms of things to see inside the castle. Lovely location. The cafe has been fine on previous visits... Read full review
- Curious41142Good food poor serviceTuesday, 3rd May 2022Cafe is in a great location, best ever breakfast bacon baps but very slow and disorganised service. The queue for hot drinks often puts people off. Shame because it is a lovely location overlooking... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021