The Cumberland Hotel
COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS
We are delighted to have our properties open again and would like to share with you the new procedures we have in place. In line with Government Guidelines we have developed our Oceana “Safe Stay” programme to reassure guests and employees alike that we have been working hard in the background to ensure all required hygiene standards and protocols have been re-defined, enhanced and implemented in readiness for the post lock-down opening of our properties. Our guests can feel confident that we are ready to welcome them back and we commit to offering the best experience possible with their safety, comfort and wellbeing in mind. Find out more here.
The Cumberland is a very well-known hotel located in Bournemouth, situated on Bournemouth’s prestigious East Cliff, overlooking miles of golden sandy beaches. This stylish establishment resembles one of the wonderful Art Deco hotels of Miami’s famous Ocean Drive. The decadent splendour of the 1930s has been carefully combined with today’s chic urban style to create the new Cumberland Hotel, an amazing experience in every regard. The Cumberland currently holds 82% which makes it the highest AA rated four star hotel in Bournemouth. In addition, Cumberland is the winner of the 2018 Best Large Hotel award at Bournemouth and Poole Tourism Awards.
When you enter the Cumberland you will be lead into one of Bournemouth's premier hotels. The wall-to-wall Italian marble lobby will be the start of your amazing journey. The combination of professional and friendly service, attention to detail and contemporary style, whether travelling for business or for pleasure the Cumberland is one of Bournemouth most exclusive hotels.
From the lobby you will be lead into the Del Mar Lounge where you will be able to enjoy its Italian slate fireplace and be wrapped up in its glamour. The Del Mar Lounge has a relaxed and sophisticated atmosphere where you are able to experience the tranquillity of the Cumberland Hotel.
The Cumberland has 2 sister hotels directly next door. You can enjoy complementary use of the Suncliff indoor leisure facilities, which include an indoor swimming pool, sauna, mini gym and squash courts. The Ocean Beach Hotel offers an alternative outdoor swimming pool, Oceana Day Spa and the Italian Cafe.
There is also quick access from the Cumberland's Lido deck to Bournemouth stunning beaches. Nearby the zig-zag path leads to the clean 7 miles of golden beach.
The Cumberland Bournemouth boasts an excellent reputation for outstanding cuisine. The Mirabelle offers superb fresh local produce, whilst The Ventana Grand Cafe offers a more intimate brasserie-style 2 Rosette dining.
The chic Ventana bar offers fresh illy coffee, all day dining and an up-tempo bar atmosphere for those who enjoy a cocktail or a bottle of bubbly.
Parking on site at the hotel is subject to availability. The overnight parking charge is 8.00 per vehicle per night. Guests booking directly with the hotel and parking on site will be free of charge.
Leisure facilities available at our sister hotels few steps away. Suncliff hotel (only 200m away) offers an indoor pool, sauna and mini-gym. Oceana Day Spa with treatment rooms is located at the Ocean Beach
Swimming pool - Outdoor heated from May-September.
- Arrival Date:
- Tues , 29th Sept 2020
- Departure Date:
- Wed , 30th Sept 2020
- No. of Nights:
|Open All Year (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good1446
- suemE2771KCShort breakThursday, 24th September 2020After being locked away with COVID you rebook accommodation with trepidation !! Amazingly busy !staff masked and plenty of sanitiser every where . Hotel little tired in stair ways landings Rooms had... Read full review
- car0lynmatthewsWokingham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFabulous gem in BournemouthFriday, 25th September 2020We have been coming to stay at the Cumberland Hotel in Bournemouth for around 10 years now on a regular basis. We also have done a few Christmas breaks too. This is our “Home from Home”!! EVERYONE... Read full review
- Larsen HLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyEXCELLENT EXPERIENCEFriday, 25th September 2020Me and my family along with our little puppy stayed for 2 nights started 23rd sept. As soon as we arrived the gentleman from front office was AMAZING doing his job. Excellent service. I have to say... Read full review
- 2 AA Rosettes
- 4 AA Stars Hotel
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020