Described as the 'oldest link to antiquity' which the town possessed, the 'constant, never-failing stream of water of uncommon purity' which erupted here was renowned for its medicinal virtues, especially for eyes, and hawked around the country as The Christchurch Elixir.
In 1885 the Well, pump and green were given to the locals as a public water supply by Sir William Rose to commemorate his parents, the Rt. Hon. Sir George Henry Rose (former MP for Christchurch) and his wife Dame Frances, of Sandhills, Mudeford.
The Well was capped in 1941; the probable site of the dipping place built over in 2002; this tribute was built in 2004.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|2022 Opening (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|