Covid Update - For the most up to date information, please visit the website.
COVID-19 VISITENGLAND WE’RE GOOD TO GO ACCREDITED BUSINESS
Donations appeal launched to provide financial support for Swanage Railway.
What’s better than a leisurely trip behind an historic steam engine through an area of natural beauty.
The six mile 30 minute ride takes passengers through the beautiful Purbeck countryside including stunning views of the ruins of Corfe Castle.
The stations at Norden, Corfe Castle, Harmans Cross, Herston and Swanage provide access to historic villages, country walks and the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, whilst providing a valuable transport service for the local community.
The easiest way to travel is with our “Freedom of the Line”. Freedom of the Line Tickets offer unlimited travel between Swanage and Wareham. Up to date prices avaiaible online.
Look out for special events such as Peppa Pig or “Santa Specials” or treat yourself to an evening meal, lunch or afternoon tea on the “Wessex Belle”. Christmas is such a lovely time of year at Swanange Railway. Bookings are now being taken for the Santa Express and Christmas Belle trips. Visit the website for further information.
Combine your day out on the Swanage Railway with a visit to the pretty Model Village in Corfe Castle.
The model village is open daily from 12th April. PLEASE NOTE: TRAVEL FROM SWANAGE TO VISIT THE CORFE CASTLE MODEL VILLAGE. Combined train and model village entry. Adults £20.20. Children (5-15) £11.50.Family (2 +3) £58.50. Under 5s Free.
Record-breaking ‘Flying Scotsman’ – the most famous steam locomotive in the world visited Swanage Railway in March 2019 and was reunited with a rare Pullman observation carriage for the first time in almost 50 years.
Flying Scotsman' last visited the Swanage Railway in 1994 – when it only hauled trains to Harman's Cross – so it's very exciting that No. 60103 hauled trains all the way to Corfe Castle and Norden, during the 2019 visit to Swanage.
Visit the website for further information.
Please visit the website for more information on fares and timetables
|Train times vary throughout the year (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Jan 2022)|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good708
- JR_EssexChelmsford, United KingdomGreat steam tripTuesday, 5th October 2021The Swanage Railway is a great way to experience the age of steam train travel. We took a return from Norden to Swanage. The train left Norden station on time! Journey time is around 20 minutes to... Read full review
- Tracey MTotnes, United KingdomA great experienceTuesday, 12th October 2021A great day out . Been twice now and enjoyed each trip even though i am not someone who knows about steam trains. A very pleasant way to travel . Read full review
- CumbrianhomeandawayWigton, United KingdomHeritage railway as it should beTuesday, 12th October 2021Okay, I am a train / steam buff and can't resist a visit to a heritage railway and I am pleased we visited this one. OK - not cheap for a return trip is £16 for a journey of 22 minutes each way... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021