As the UK’s premier destination, tourism is Bournemouth’s most important industry and is a major contributor to the economic and social life of the town. The team at Bournemouth Tourism is committed to the strategic development of the resort and its services, including excellent destination management that is unrivalled in the UK. The team delivers a variety of services, including engaging tourism marketing, an inspiring year-round events programme, seafront operations, and an exciting arts programme.
Bournemouth Tourism Mission Statement
To provide Bournemouth with the best possible leisure, cultural and tourism services, generating economic, environmental and social benefits for residents, visitors and local businesses. This is achieved through a range of measures including partnerships with the private and voluntary sectors.
Key Bournemouth Tourism Services
- Tourism strategic development
- Tourism marketing – managing the umbrella brand of Bournemouth through UK, European and global resort marketing using cost effective tools and activities, particularly in rapidly growing social media and e-channels, as well as promoting the town centre within the region.
- Event management – organising and supporting major events including Bournemouth Air Festival, Wheels Festival, Arts by the Sea, summer events and Christmas, as well as administering upwards of 500 requests a year for events in parks, gardens and open spaces around the town and along the seafront
- Visitor / in-resort information – linking town centre businesses in order to work together to facilitate promotion of the town (particularly through the distribution of printed material), including working alongside both the Coastal and Town Centre Business Improvement Districts (BIDs)
- Night-time economy
Other Council Tourism Services
- Strategic coordination
- Business tourism
- National Coastal Tourism Academy (NCTA)
- Coastal Activity Park (Boscombe)
Working with trade groups including:
- Bournemouth Tourism Management Board (BTMB)
- Bournemouth Tourism Marketing Group (BTMG)
- Bournemouth Accommodation and Hotel Association (BAHA)
- International Education Forum (IEF)
- Business Bournemouth (BH Live)
- Planning policy and planning appeals