Things To Do in Bournemouth
With its award winning beaches and busy town centre, Bournemouth can offer you an array of different experiences whatever the weather - with a jam-packed calendar all year round that is sure to excite all of its visitors.
Pick up your very own A5 pocket-sized guide from the Tourist Information Centre.
Discover for yourself why Bournemouth has been voted Best Beach Destination by TripAdvisor readers - here are our 10 ‘must do’ things in Bournemouth:
1. Breathe in the fresh sea air- take a stroll on our historic piers when walking along the seven miles of award winning seafront. You will see why it’s renowned across Europe for being the cleanest, prettiest stretch of beach in the UK whilst being sat in your rented beach hut.
2. Shop until you drop- just a short stroll from the beach through our beautiful gardens, finds you in the heart of Bournemouth’s shopping district, which features individual boutique shops, alongside high street name stores.
3. Tree Trails to Tropical Gardens – enjoy our 2,000 acres of glorious gardens and picturesque parks. The Lower Gardens leads directly to the beach and are also home to mini golf, the bandstand, aviary, Pinewalk Art Exhibition and many catering kiosks.
4. Cultural Delights – Visit the Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum - a historic house situated on the cliff top, full of treasures from around the world including famous paintings and ever changing exhibitions. Take in the incredible views of Bournemouth beach as you wonder the grounds and enjoy a bite to eat from their cafe.
5. Family Fun- For an experience to remember visit some of the fantastic attractions in the surrounding towns and villages. There’s always something to keep the kids entertained from farms, wildlife parks to arts and crafts activities and adventure family themed parks like Paultons Park which is a full of adventures and delights for the younger visitor and is also home to the UK’s only Peppa Pig World too.
6. Make a splash- feeling brave and want to dip your toes in the ocean then why not try surf lessons or body boarding? Bournemouth and Poole is home to a range of watersports to try out from beginners to fanatics. If the sea is too cold for you then head over to Splashdown or Littledown to enjoy their indoor facilities and plunging slides.
7. A night to remember – Bournemouth offers an excellent array of evening entertainment at the BIC and Pavilion Theatre, from West End shows and pop concerts to comedy performances and dance productions. And with cocktail bars, traditional pubs and clubs dedicated to all genres of music, you will be sure to have a night to remember in Bournemouth.
8. Pedal Power – From scenic flats to strenuous hill rides, Bournemouth and the surrounding area is a magnet for cyclists. Why not cycle along the Bournemouth promenade and enjoy the seven miles of sea views or venture futher out and cycle along the Jurassic Coast- England’s first natural World Heritage Site – and capture sights of Corfe Castle and Durdle Door before stopping off to enjoy high tea- the ultimate British tradition.
9. Indulge yourself - many of our hotels and beauty salons offers luxurious spa facilities for you to enjoy some much deserved pampering, with a selection of treatments and packages guaranteed to transport you to a tranquil world of relaxation and revitalization.
10. Explore and discover – There are plenty of ways to enjoy our coastline by foot, by bike, a trip on our famous land trains or cliff lifts, sea trips and local bus tours. Boscombe has opened UK’s first multipurpose Coastal Activity Park, offering a range of water and land based sporting activities - you will never be bored in Bournemouth!
Use the search box on the right of this page to search for things to do in Bournemouth.