Things to Do in Bournemouth
Find out what's going on in and around Bournemouth and our suggestions of things to do in all weathers . Check out our Bournemouth Mini Guide, which has all the information you need about things to do, events, attractions and places to eat in and around Bournemouth. Pick up your very own A5 pocket-sized guide from the Tourist Information Centre. And if the weather is a little bit drizzly - check out our 'things to do on a rainy day' itinerary...
Bournemouth has plenty of sports & leisure activities to partake in - why not try cycling, a spot of golf or even surfing at Bournemouth Surf School or Sorted Surf School? Why not come to Bournemouth to celebrate a birthday, a family celebration or pre-wedding celebration - we cater for families or small and large groups and have a great team here to help you plan.
Here are our 12 "must do" things in Bournemouth!
1. Visit the Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum - an eclectic mix of treasures from around the world including famous paintings and gems collected by the Russell-Cotes family. Or join us between the dates of the 20th of September and the12th of October for the Arts by the Sea Festival. Including the best outdoor performance, dance, film, digital art, sculpture, live music, light installations and sound. Expect the unexpected.
2. Do the Pier to Pier walk. Start at either Bournemouth or Boscombe Pier and finish at the other. Enjoy the scenic stroll along the promenade and treat yourself to coffee and cake at one of the many cafes, restaurants or hotels at either end.
3. Whatever the season, discover Bournemouth's many parks and gardensLearn about flowers, insects, birds and animals that inhabit the diverse countryside. For information contact the Tourist Information Centre on 0845 051 1700.
4. Be a culture vulture! Bournemouth offers something for everyone in its top entertainment venues. The Bournemouth International Centre (BIC) and Pavilion Theatre offer live entertainment across the genres of classical music, rock and pop, musicals, children's shows, comedy, ballet, ice shows and ice skating. With over 40 classes a week, the new Pavilion Dance Centre, at the back of the Pavilion Theatre means you can learn new dance styles each day.
.5. Enjoy high tea; the ultimate British tradition! Enjoy tea, sandwiches and cake at one of our many hotels, cafes and restaurants, after your feet need a break from shopping in the many boutiques and department stores.
6. Hire a beach hut, another great British tradition. Did you know Bournemouth invented the beach hut back in 1908 and still rents out the oldest in the world? OR hire one of the new funky surf reef 'beach pods', based at Boscombe Beach - the ultimate in style.
7. Get in the water! The sea off Bournemouth beach is perfect for early morning swimming, surf lessons and body boarding. There are plenty of watersports to choose from in Bournemouth and neighbouring Poole - even if you're a beginner!
8. Pack a picnic - indulge your nostalgic side while in Bournemouth and set off for a good old-fashioned picnic. We've picked five of the best picnic spots for you to try out.
9. Make a splash - award winning Littledown Centre has great facilities for all the family with a large swimming pool with fun flumes for the kids, swimming lanes for the adults and a baby pool. As well as swimming there's a gym and many classes - just turn up! If you're looking for thrills and rides, then head towards Splashdown at Tower Park. Enjoy a choice of 12 fantastic water flumes, an indoor pool for the little ones and an interactive water play area for under 8s!
10. Feeling sporty? Have a game of tennis on our all weather outdoor courts set in the beautiful Bournemouth Upper Gardens. Or why not try your hand at bowling - we have many bowling greens set in exquisite landscapes and you don't have to be a member to have a go. Or hire some bikes and cycle off into the sunset! For the keen golfer or for a bit of fun there are plenty of golf courses in the area to choose from.
11.Take a short drive to Paultons Family Theme Park - Home of Peppa Pig World. Paultons family theme park offers a family day out with over 60 rides and attractions included in the price in Hampshire, The New Forest.
12. Reach for the skies! Have a thrilling aerial adventure at ALTITUDE High Ropes Adventure at Littledown! Rise to the challenge and try out
Use the search box on the right of this page to search for things to do.