“Located on the seafront overlooking Bournemouth Bay”
The Cumberland is the HIGHEST RATED 3 Star hotel in Bournemouth with 88% Situated on Bournemouth’s prestigious East Cliff, overlooking miles of golden sandy beaches, this stylish establishment resembles one of the wonderful Art Deco hotels of Miami’s famous Ocean Drive. The decadent splendor of the 1930s has been carefully combined with today’s chic urban style to create the new Cumberland Hotel, an amazing experience in every regard.
When you enter the Cumberland you will be lead into one of Bournemouth's premier hotels. The wall-to-wall Italian marble lobby will be the start of your amazing journey.
The combination of professional and friendly service, attention to detail and contemporary style, whether travelling for business or for pleasure the Cumberland is one of Bournemouth most exclusive hotels.
From the lobby you will be lead into the Del Mar Lounge where you will be able to enjoy its Italian slate fireplace and be wrapped up in its glamour. The Del Mar Lounge has a relaxed and sophisticated atmosphere where you where you are able to experience the tranquility of the Cumberland, Bournemouth.
The Cumberland, Bournemouth has 2 associate hotels directly next door. You can enjoy complementary use of the Suncliff indoor leisure facilities, which includes an indoor swimming pool, sauna, gymnasium and squash courts. The Cliffeside Hotel offers an alternative outdoor swimming pool.
There is also quick access from the Cumberland's Lido deck to Bournemouth stunning beaches. Nearby the zig-zag path or lift leads to the clean 7 miles of golden beach.
The Cumberland Bournemouth boasts an excellent reputation for outstanding cuisine. The Mirabelle offers superb fresh local produce whilst The Ventana offers a more intimate brasserie style of dining.
The chic Ventana bar offers morning coffee, all day dining and an up-tempo bar atmosphere for those who enjoy a cocktail or a bottle of bubbly.
During warmer months the large poolside Lido deck is unrivalled for drinks and food al fresco all day and night.
Many rooms have balconies enjoying panoramic views across Poole Bay. All have direct dial telephone, colour TV, hospitality tray and hairdryer.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
Tel: +44 (0)1202 298350
Fax: +44 (0)1202 311394
- Regional and Miscellaneous Bournemouth Large/Medium Hotel of the Year 2013
- Accept Children over 7
- Wedding Venue
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Art Deco hotel and one of only 2 purpose built hotels in Bournemouth.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Accept children all ages
- Accept Children Over 3
- Cot - £6.00
- Facilities for children - Cots, highchairs, baby listening and childrens meals.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Free (on a fist come-fist serve basis)
- Courtesy transport to airport (Charge Applicable)
- On site parking - 50 spaces available
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Available at sister hotel only 200m away with indoor pool, spa bath, sauna, steam room and gym.
- Outdoor pool
- Swimming pool - Outdoor heated from May-Oct.
- Additional meal details - Gluten, Vegan, All types.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Half board supplement (£)
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
- Serve breakfast - 0715-0945 buffet style.
- Serve evening meal - Table d'hote menu with a large choice. Buffet style.
- Serve lunch - Bar snacks served in lounge area.
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Euros accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates - In the interests of a good night’s sleep and to ensure all our guests enjoy the Hotel experience, the majority of single sex groups will be asked to sign a bond with a £100 per person hold on credit/debit card funds.
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions - Lovely location on cliff top.
- Beach within 2km
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Available 0900-1000 from reception.
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Gay friendly
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Near coastal path
- Night porter
- Open all year
- Pets accepted - At discretion of management not permitted in the public rooms charge of £5.00 per day.
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Public telephone
- Regular evening entertainment
- Sea Views
- Separate guests' lounge
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Marketed to any other specialist market
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Accommodated on lower floors and chains on bedroom doors.
- Special provisions for walkers
- Afrikaans spoken
- Czech spoken
- Dutch spoken
- French spoken
- German spoken
- Hungarian spoken
- Italian spoken
- Polish spoken
- Portuguese spoken
- Russian spoken
- Spanish spoken
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
From M27 junction 1
Off M27 jct 1, A31 to Ringwood and take A338 into Bournemouth. Follow signs for East Cliff.
Public Transport Directions
From Bournemouth - 0.5 miles
Turn right to Lansdowne roundabout, take Meyrick Road to cliff top and turn left.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Standard Double||from £69.00 to £260.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Standard Single||from £34.50 to £130.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Standard Twin||from £69.00 to £230.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- = Confirmed Availability, properties offering instantly bookable, guaranteed availability
- = Unconfirmed Availability, properties offering availability that needs to be checked with the provider before a firm booking can be made. This can be carried out online.
- = Room Also Sold As
- = Room/Unit Available, but cannot be the first night
- = Room/Unit Not Available
- = Availability unknown please ring 0845 051 1700
- = Price Per room (breakfast included)