The stunning Victorian hotel with a modern twist overlooks seven miles of blue flag beach, and is situated in 3 acres of mature gardens, in a quiet area of Bournemouth. Direct access to the beach, surf reef and pier can be gained via the pine-fringed walkway through the lower gardens.
The Chine's newly refurbished restaurant and bar is popular with both hotel guests and local residents. The AA rosette chefs use locally sourced produce wherever possible and offer carefully selected cuts of meat and excellent vegetarian options. An ideal location in which to take time out to enjoy the spectacular ocean view and fabulous food.
The Chine’s excellent leisure facilities are to be found in the sumptuous Roman Spa with its magnificent 12 metre swimming pool set in cloisters, Jacuzzi, poolside sauna and gymnasium. After a workout or sauna, a favourite relaxation for guests during the summer months is a gentle swim in the 13 metre outdoor pool or a dip in the deck-top hot tub which overlooks the gardens.
All rooms in the hotel are superbly well equipped, many with breathtaking sea views and balconies. Facilities include tea/coffee tray, telephone, radio, colour TV with satellite and video on demand. A variety of family rooms are available at special rates.
A children's entertainer provides entertainment programmes during the main summer season and public holidays. An attractive indoor soft playroom - the 'Tricky Treehouse' and an outdoor play area are provided for children's enjoyment.
The traditional Victorian hotel became the first “hotel member” of the FJB Collection in 1955. The family’s origin in theatre business is showcased around the hotel. Signed portraits of the numerous stars of stage and screen, who have stayed in the hotel, grace the walls and corridors.
Parking available at the hotel.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
Tel: +44 (0)845 3371550
Fax: +44 (0)845 3371570
- Regional and Miscellaneous Bournemouth Ambassador 2014
- Wedding Venue
- Film or TV location
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Built during the reign of Queen Victoria by Sir Drummond Wolff who was a member of parliament.
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area
- Facilities for children - Provision of children entertainer during school holidays.
- Food/bottle warming available
- Special meal times for children
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Access to golf course - Several golf courses within easy reach from the hotel. Contact hotel reception.
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Cycle hire
- Games Room
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Spa bath
- Spa Treatments
- Swimming pool
- Water sports facilities - Water sports at local facilities can be arranged.
- Additional meal details - Diabetic, Vegan. Most diets catered for.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
- Serve breakfast - Daily, buffet style.
- Serve evening meal - 3 curse meal available daily.
- Serve lunch - Daily, buffet style. Except Sat.
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Cash & Cheque only
- Delta accepted
- Euros accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions - Special function room available.
- Beach within 2km
- Broadband Internet Access
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Hot Tub/Spa Bath
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Near coastal path
- Night porter
- Open all year
- Public telephone
- Sea Views
- Separate guests' lounge
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Chinese spoken
- French spoken
- German spoken
- Polish spoken
- Spanish spoken
- Staff Fluent in Languages - French
From A338 Wessex Way, follow signs to town centre/BIC. Take 1st exit at St Paul's roundabout, 2nd exit at the next, then 1st exit at the following into Christchurch Road. Through 2 sets of lights and then 1st right.
Public Transport Directions
From Bournemouth - 1 mile
Regular bus service to the bottom of the road by Boscombe Gardens.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double/Twin (En-Suite) Garden view||£160.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Double/Twin (En-Suite) Garden view (Single occupancy)||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double/Twin (En-Suite) Inland view||£140.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Double/Twin (En-Suite) Inland view (Single occupancy)||£110.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double/Twin (En-Suite) Sea view||£180.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Double/Twin (En-Suite) Sea view (Single occupancy)||£130.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single (En-Suite) Inland view||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.